VIDEO - READ CAREFULLY

by Dia 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dia
    Dia

Thanks. I never saw that.

Obviously, they wrote articles like that to appease people like Stark and others. To have something to point to to give reason to say (like the kid with his hand in the cookie jar, 'What? I wadn't doin' nothin').

To get the wolves off their scent.

Can we list what's wrong with this? (to be edited)

1) Their official policy - which they have expressed openly and with pride - requires TWO WITNESSES to the abuse before can possibly consider it to be anything more than a lie.

2) They don't respect law enforcement officers or courts and, despite what they have printed, have a record of repeatedly discouraging members from making use of these for crimes of child abuse, sexual or otherwise.

3) They have a record of punishing the abused with accusations of lying, by blaming them for their own abuse and with disfellowshipping, shunning and public insinuations about their 'improper conduct'.

4) They take a 'hands off' policy when they can get away with it.

5) Their reputation comes first.

6) They don't respect 'therapists' and would never refer anyone to them. 'To a man with only a hammer, every problem looks like a nail'. Their sole advice for everything is 'pray more', 'go out in service' and 'come to the meetings' (where you will be advised to 'pray more, go out in service and come to more meetings...')

7) There is no "campaign". There is no preaching or even talking about child abuse. In fact, it's discouraged. There are only these handful of articles that people can use to fluff up the Watchtower's reputation when they're trying to solicit converts or when they come under attack by outsiders. As they are now. (When they come under attack by 'insiders', the insiders are removed.)

I'm sure there's more.....to be continued. Feel free to comment.

Edited by - Dia on 2 August 2002 10:15:39

• Dia
    Dia

Question: Isn't Dr. Infante a JW? She's not that social worker who was on the video they released with JR Brown, is she? I have often wondered WHERE did that social worker get her degree???? Her school ought to be publicly slapped. I've never seen such idiot social worker advice in my life...'18 years ago, we just didn't know that this was a problem that could hurt someone'. But 'social worker' and 'doctor' are not necessarily compatable terms. Who's Dr. Infante?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit