It is official! I am a member!

by maximumflash 21 Replies latest jw friends

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

I have decided to join this board after getting to read some of the stories here. Some of you might be familiar with me through conversation with my wife, Cassiline, who has been a member here for quite some time now.

Let me explain a few thing about my beliefs which will be boring to some of you so it's OK if you don't read this. I don't have a religion, I simply believe in myself and the well being of others around me. I also believe in doing the right thing and doing whatever it takes to make situations that I can affect right. I am learning about JW through my wife which I can't say I understand because of my not being raised in a religion. However, I do respect other people's beliefs and religions. So if I write anything on this board which might be offensive to others, I would like to appoligize in advance and state that this is not my intention. My intention is to offer a outsiders view of the religion, of the comments that you all have, offer any advise that I might be able to give to all of you, and probably learn a few things myself here on this forum (and post a joke or two here and there ).

I must say that I disagree with some of the practices of the JW religion, and I esspecially HATE the doctrine concerning anything aiding, concealing, or harboring of child molesters, which I have seen in recent media coverage concerning this issue, and any other criminal acts that may be hiden because of the JW doctrine. The "cover-up" of my wife's own personal experiences of child molestation within the JW religion has caused her great pain and a lifetime of suffering because of the ignorance of the elders who were following the JW doctrine. I have witnessed her suffering almost every day since the day I met her and I commend her for her strength and courage to cope with a history so horrific. I also commend all of you who have to cope with similar history's.

Thus my reasoning for joining this forum, to help advocate for all of you and support you in your efforts to combat and attempt to change the doctrine of the JW religion.

I would like to express a very sincere thanks to the many of you on this board and a few other websites that have done so much for my wife just by your posts and providing information for her to read. It has helped her in more ways than I could possibly explain in one post on this forum. But to sum it up... THANKS!!!

A special THANKS to Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson, Alan F, Farkle, Dungbeetle, Amazing, Randy, and last, but certainly not least, to Simon for providing this forum.

P.S. Simon, my wife and I use the same computer, if her IP is the same as mine, she stole it from me!

P.P.S I needed to join this forum anyway, my wife is on here so much that this will become a regular communication portal from me to her.

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

I screwed up my very first post by posting it in in "bible research" rather than "friends". Duh!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Welcome MaximumFlash! I wonder how boring our stuff will sound to you? :) (No, your post was not boring, but Bible Research? Naaaaa!) :)

Grits (Girl Raised In The South)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Maximumflash,

Welcome here! I enjoyed reading your first post, and I've enjoyed talking to Cassiline. Thanks in advance for your good future contributions!!

Gopher

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Welcome MF...and thanks for 'lonaing' your wife out so much to us. We appreciate it and will try to get her back to you from time to time.

For the record, this YOUNG man has an incredibly YUMMY voice. Hee Hee.

No, Gopher, I didn't mean you...though you have a nice voice too. Hugs to both of these nice men.

Edited by - dungbeetle on 26 July 2002 21:4:53

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome, I too have never been a JW, but love this board..!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    For the record, this YOUNG man has an incredibly YUMMY voice.~~ dungbeetle

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Welcome MaximumFlash, how does it feel to have such a wonderful wife?

I look forward to reading your posts.

• maximumflash
    maximumflash
    For the record, this YOUNG man has an incredibly YUMMY voice. Hee Hee.

You should hear me sing in the shower!

Thanks for the compliment! Sssshhhh! Don't tell Cassi but I think you have a YUMMY voice too!!!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Welcome, Maximumflash. Don't fret about what you believe. Leaving the WTS behind gives us the freedom to believe as we wish and to show respect for others beliefs.

I too look forward to reading what you have to say

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit