May have to DA

by jaded 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jaded
    jaded

I know this is a subject that has been discussed at length on this board. Until now I went along with "not playing their game" and not DAing. Now after Bill Bowen has been disfellowshipped I am feeling embarrassed and ashamed to ever have been associated with this unloving, hypocritical, corrupt organization. The thought that I am listed somewhere as an inactive Dub is sickening. I no longer consider myself a JW and don't want anyone else to think that I am. I have a decision to make.

I am just wondering if anyone else is now feeling this way.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I already DA'd two years ago. But, seeing how they unfairly manipulate the R&F and endlessly violate their own printed standards and procedures to accomplish their Inquisition, I may DA all over again.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• LB
    LB

Yes I'm feeling the same way. My wife and I discussed this at length. I think I will DA myself but not my wife. This way we will have lines of communication open with our JW son and family yet we will be able to celebrate anything we like as a good JW wife has to be in subjection to her husband. This way those lights will go up and there is nothing the elders can do to my wife.

When Bill told us of his judicial hearing it was almost laughable. Covering up the windows, waving to him but not inviting him inside and then of all things, locking the door so Bill couldn't come inside anyway.

Almost laughable, but not quite.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I am already shunned as an apostate, I think the only reason why I haven't been DF'd is that my father is pretty high up in the congregation. But, I think it's time I make it all "official". I've been seriously thinking about it lately, and this latest incident is the last straw!

• voltaire
    voltaire

Hey Guys,

I can relate to how you feel. This IS outrageous. But, don't do anything hasty. I'm thinking that in the coming months and years, as this whole thing plays out, you may actually be more useful if you're NOT DAed or DFed. Probably no one talks much to some of you anyway, but if someone did have doubts, they might just muster the courage to talk to someone they know has disagreements but who isn't DFed. After all, the elders won't DF anyone for chatting with someone still officially in, though they might have a talk with them. If anyone in the congregation did see such a brother or sister in a discussion with you or see their car in your driveway, the questioner could always apologise and "accept" the counsel, then be more discreet the next time. If you're "out", most qustioners/doubters are going to be REAL reluctant to approach, no matter how uncomfortable they are with the situation in the organization. At any rate, it's a personal decision (I'll do WT style, I'll leave it up to your conscience!) Good luck no matter which way you go.

Ron

• TheStar
    TheStar

You can add me to the list of those that want to DA themselves.

I've been wanting to DA myself since I first started posting on this board back in February. Infact, that was what my first thread was about. Many here advised me not to DA myself and I'm glad I took their advice, for now I see the value in that advice and I think at the time it probably wouldn't have been the wise thing to do for my particular situation. However, I've given it time and I still feel the need to DA myself. I don't want anything to do with the religion and I don't care if anyone considers it as "playing by their rules" in my opinion I'm playing by my rules in wanting to get them out of my life, not vice versa. I want to cut them off and go on with my life and the only way to do that is to DA yourself. Otherwise you will always be playing a game of hide, evade, avoid etc., always having to be careful of what you do or what you say to someone for it might get back to the elders and then you will be facing a JC. Forget that, I for one do not want to live the rest of my life like that, I want to totally cut myself off from everthing about that religion.

Only problem is my husband is still in and that is the ONLY reason I have not DA myself yet. I have tried to get him out but he's not coming around at all. I am waiting, trying to be patient but I know I will have to DA myself soon. I'm ready to face any consequences.

• TheStar
    TheStar
    Probably no one talks much to some of you anyway, but if someone did have doubts, they might just muster the courage to talk to someone they know has disagreements but who isn't DFed.

How would they know? Since the person with disagreements can't talk to anyone for fear of being DFd, how would anyone with disagreements know of another in their congregation that has disagreements that they could talk to ?

I see it in the opposite way. If you are DA'd someone who is having a serious crisis of conscience knows he can come to you and while there is a risk of getting caught speaking to a DA 'd person, there are discreet ways of going about it. At least you know you will be speaking to someone that is NOT going to rat you out.

• Prisila
    Prisila

Let's have a "coming out party" of a sort. Let's all get together on a date and DA. Just a thought, maybe i was thinking out loud.

I want nothing to do with this organization. They will always have power over us if we feed into this game. Pretend to not get DF'd or to speak to relatives. Am i being too hasty? I am ready to give up my mother (because she''l never speak to me again) for my freedom.

I WANT OUT!!! Problem is my husband is out as well, but he doesn't want to make it "official." He says he won't go down like that. What are we to do? If I DA and he doesn't then it looks bad. He will be the poor brother with that Jezabel-like, Bitchy wife. OOOOhhhhh por guy. I'll look worse than now. As it is, the elders belief that it was my doing to make him step down as an elder. I am the eveil ONE.

Why do I even bother to care what they think???? HELP!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Suggestion to get JW hubby "out" or "inactive" hubby to DA:

Give him the time of his life for a couple of months.... meaning LOTS of great sex and BJs. Do NOT mention 'quitting' the JWs or DAing. However, next time HE brings up the topic of JWs and says something to the effect that a) they aren't leaving or b) they don't want to make their departure "official", the great sex and BJs stop. Do NOT mention the reason for their stopping. However, if he inquires about the sudden change, simply say "Well, since you're a JW I realize you aren't allowed to engage in those practices, and I wouldn't want it to bother your conscience or stumble you."

Worked for me! }:)

Love, Scully

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

In my case, I had not attended meetings for about 5 months. I think it was assumed that was weak. When I learned the truth about the troof, I felt like I had to make a statement to them. I am no longer your slave, forever destined to "struggle" and be "weak in the truth". Your Watchtowerism is a load of shit. Here's my emancipation proclamation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit