Friday night mayhem with the "brothers"

by refiners fire 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Yes, I'm with our Sister Plum.

Brother Refiner, I regret to inform you that as Co-Ordinator for the Australian Regional Aposafest Committee, I will have to re-consider your status as "approved associate". Please do not engage in any apostate activities until further notice.

Edited by - Prisca on 26 July 2002 7:33:54

• Amazing
    Amazing

I grew up Catholic, and did not burn down buildings. Rather, we beat the hell out of JW kids who did burn down buildings or that we caught trying to get it on with our girlfriends. ... oh, just kidding. I did grow up Catholic, and with my Baptist and Pentecostal friends we did things we should not have done, as kids will often be kids. We did not think about being angry at the world, we just thought we were having fun.

• larc
    larc

Refiner's, I never heard of such a thing. Of course, I grew up during happy days, the 50's. Most of us JW boys were Richie Cuningham types, not a single Fonz amongst us. Why shoot, I didn't even know wordly kids that were that wild. You are lucky you didn't do jail time.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well Larc, I think I might have mentioned in another post somewhere, that I went up to visit one of my former JW childhood buds a couple of years ago. He used to be a bit of a camera buff and used to film super 8 movies. The guy had talent with a camera, and we used to go out and film our own "Apocalyptic" movies and make short films about Surviving Armaggedon in the woods. Half a dozen of us had numerous guns , and ,so far as I was concerned, it was all training for surviving Armaggedon. I was prepared to kill to survive, and had convinced myself that God would sanction this,( in self defence.)

Anyway, he pulled out all these old films and we watched them, films of our escapades. I couldnt believe what I was watching! Im thinking "My god, its amazing noone was killed". We talked about it, and the concensus was that we were trying to "live a little" as we thought "worldly" youth lived. Pillaging and destroying. But we were far worse than them. In a sense our behaviour was a product of our twisted world view....

...then again maybe we were just bad. Noone seems to concur with my position, so.......

Edited by - refiners fire on 26 July 2002 8:18:44

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

My male elder's son cousin in MA used to "spin donuts"--??? correct term for tearing up grass in circles? in the local cemetaries. Ancient cemetaries. I had also heard that he used to put firecrackers in frogs mouths and watch them blow up. My cousin went on to Bethel, and met a sweet girl whom he married (my aunt doesn't like her because the girl told her to butt out of their newlywed lives, so now she's been labeled "independent" (I hear this from my worldly relatives)), and they invited my sister and me over for dinner after my grandfather's funeral two years ago. I was very surprised, as I personally had left the borg more than 6 years earlier, and all of that clan had avoided us like the plague since then (which is easy to do when they all live in MA and you live in FL.) I asked him about the firecracker incident, and he vehemently denied he had done such a thing--it was all Jesse S! However, he did witness the incident in question (and probably encouraged it, without getting his own hands dirty!)

Incidentally, while we were there, I told my cousin if he EVER treated his wife like his father treats his mother, I would come up there and personally WHOOP HIS ASS. (Used those words, too, and to my delight, he didn't recoil in disgust at my language.) My Elder Uncle is the most unkind, lording-it-over, sarcastic and biting person I have ever met, and although my aunt can be trying (she is one of those women who still has "vapours" and bursts into tears several times a day, while being a regular pioneer for 25 years), NO ONE deserves to be talked to that way. And if you grow up seeing that, well, chances are you think that's how women are treated! I am hoping that behavior was not passed on from father to son. (Doesn't seem to be, thank God!)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."spin donuts".... in the local cemetaries. Ancient cemetaries. .... I had also heard that he used to put firecrackers in frogs mouths and watch them blow up.".....

Well, I would never have been cruel to an animal. A rather anomalous position, I suppose, In view of some things I HAVE been party too. I guess everyone has their own twisted view of whats moral and what isnt. I have no doubt that I wouldnt have thought twice about killing a human in what I viewed as "Self Defence" (Armaggedon Survival). Dying in the Great Tribulation was no use to me....the resurrected returned sexless.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Say, R.F., you sure your memory's OK?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I was not quite as wild as my big brother and his dub buddies. They did some pretty awful stuff. Don't think any buildings were burned but there were plenty of car crashes.

One of his best friends was killed whilst speeding on the 10 fwy on LSD. he left the freeway, thinking he was on an off ramp, and crashed the car into the top of a tree and was killed. He was only 17

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I think that while not the 'norm' this type of behavour was not entirely uncommon either. I can say I had a few of my own share of vandalizing acts, nothing along the lines of setting fires, etc. But firework destruction, shooting frogs w/ BB guns, etc. I knew of several other people in our area (older than me, not my crowd at the time) who were quite into very destructive acts. Strangely enough, one of the young fellows shot himself with a shotgun not too long after that - while on the phone w/ someone. Survived too, thankfully, but he was/probably is still a very messed up person. Looking back on it I realize I've known some very messed up people in my life,several suicides and attempted suicides. the funny thing is you seem to tend to dismiss it when you are a JW - usually rationalizing "They were weak anyway". Sad, sad, sad.

• kat7302
    kat7302

hey Refiner...

Hate to rub it in but I guess I was kinda involved in a sex ring too!!!!!!!

Wont go into details cos I dont think the participants would appreciate it but lets just say that not all was as it seemed!

Incidentally...regarding this sex ring (which could have been heterosexual or gay!...Ill leave that up to your imagination!).....I was the ringleader!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit