Friday night mayhem with the "brothers"

by refiners fire 20 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I dont know whether Ive posted on this before, but when I was a young guy we used to get up to some fearfull mayhem on Friday and Saturday nights. We burnt down buildings, blew cars up, shotgunned houses and blasted windows out while people slept inside, stole cars and piled them into telegraph poles, and ran cars off the road just for laughs. Now the thing is, while we were doing this...we were all ACTIVE DUBS!. I used to do this stuff with young brothers from my congo. Id say half of the young guys in the congo were involved to some degree at some time (except for the "holier than thous") . Pioneers were involved. Upstanding young brothers all.

I can scarce believe some of the stuff Ive done (and got away with).

On the question of motive .... I would say I was ANGRY.( Dont know about the motives of the others involved) I percieved that "worldly" people were having a bloody good time fornicating and I wasnt allowed to. I wanted them to be in the same degree of suffering that I was. We used to pour petrol over panel vans and set fire to them. Why panel vans?

I know now that every time I saw a panel van I thought, "that guys SHAGGING CHICKS in there every Saturday night" I was filled with jealousy and hate. And I wanted them to HURT like I was hurting. No excuse, I know, but thats how I thought...

Anyone else engage in such activities?? or were we just a BAD BUNCH??

Edited by - refiners fire on 26 July 2002 5:46:43

• Matty
    Matty

Whoa refiners, you were bad! No, I was one of those "holier than thou's" you spoke about. I didn't really look down on the bad kids in the congregation, it wasn't really my nature to be pious, I just felt sad for them and hoped they would change, because I thought they would die at Armageddon. I would never snitch on them of course, both the good and the bad kids had a code of silence!

• Bang
    Bang

That's just the dub 'spirit' in action, rather than waiting for jehovah to do it for you, and naturally you were right to do it, being a dub and all. Young people are often impatient.

Bang

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well think about it a moment.

Youre indoctrinating your kids with the notion that the world is an "enemy Culture" , and we treated outsiders that way (purely out of jealousy and anger) . Im curious if this is a recurring pattern among dubs.

I had a few awarenesses while doing all this:

INTENSE Jealousy.

Preparation for Armaggedon and preparing for combat against persecuting "enemies"

And the notion that worldlings were doing FAR worse things than us, and that we were a mere pale imitation of their wicked behaviours (mugging, robbing, raping) In fact WE were far worse than them!

• kat7302
    kat7302

woah refiner! cant honestly say I did any of that stuff...you were bad!!!!!!! I can understand the anger and jealousy tho, Im just really shocked that it went on to that extent and with so much criminal intent, thats deep!

My claim to fame....i was being served in pubs at 13 (whilst I auxiliary pioneered of course!)....I used to go with a friend to the pub after the meeting saying that we were going to do route calls!..we used to sneak out DURINg the meeting for a fag! we were so naive we thought if we had a mint we wouldnt smell!..one special evening, the group was at our house, my friend and I said we were ill and were sat in the other room indressing gowns...as soon as I heard dad start the opening prayer, we whipped off the dressing gowns, slipped out the french windows and were straight up the pub..a few halves later and we sneaked back into the house, put back on the dressing gowns and a few minutes later, my mum came in to check we were ok!

Cant believe we got away with it now! Crazy stuff!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Kat...

You were certainly a naughty girl. Still, the things you were doing were socially acceptable, one almost expects young people to sneak to the pub, and smoke, But Im curious whether extreme antisocial vandalism is a trend in young dubs.....or merely an anomaly in my congo.

Hey Im not saying I was the ringleader! Just a participant. Now in the congo next door to us, I heard, there was a SEX RING involving 6 young people in the congregation, all very clean cut and good looking. Why couldnt I have been involved in that instead!

Edited by - refiners fire on 26 July 2002 6:33:57

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Whoa Is Right!

That gives me some insight into why the Tallyban act as they do.

HCM

• SYN
    SYN

Geesh, RF, you are certainly a bad boy. You're probably a real hit with the ladies 
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

Im not a " hit with the ladies " and never have been. Now that you mention that i realize that NONE of the lads involved was much of a hit with the girls. In fact none of them had even been out with a girl. Interesting equation. Maybe that was part of the problem too eh??

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Talk about sewing WILD OATS

I can't believe you did all that bad stuff. I'm sorry but I can not associate with you any longer, you're a bad association. tosses keyboard gets up and stomps off into the kitchen to pour a stiff drink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit