What do Jehovahs witness?

by sleepy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Yes what is it exactly that Jehovahs witnesses, witness?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good Question Sleepy: Thjey are supposed to be 'witnesses' of Jehovah's acting and dealing in human affairs and maybe in their own lives ... but they are really witnesses of nothing, other than telling what they read in the Watchtower magazine ... and would be better termed Watchtower Witnesses.

• happy man
    happy man

Hello Amaizing, no you desapiont mee, sure you now what you as a witness tell to peopel, I can refresh your memory .

we beleive that it will come a hevanly goverment( Wasnt you once inn there?)

over the earth, to solv all the problems as we see, we also belive this result in a new order inn the earth, widh one king over all, jesus, who will resturate the earth, who now is so badley treated of this wordley govermet, it will takr 1000 year to fix that, as you now i am sure.

I f you ask other religions, they think they going to walk on streets of gould i heaven,( new born christians) and that ther anymys are going to bee tortud in hell fore ever.

If you ask a preist in protestant churtch he dont now what will happend, some are not sure that we have a lord at all...

I think that one of the thing who is draging peopel inn too JW is just this, they have a radher easy messege, if you compare to other religions, you can not forgett this on only a few years A.

• ISP
    ISP

JWs......witness the death of their dub buddies without realising it was all garbage.

ISP

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy folks,

I think some are confusing the term "Witness" with the usage like that of an "eye-witness" or one who is observing or testifying about something they are seeing or know, etc. While this may be true and applicable in some sense to Jehovah's Witnesses this isn't how Jah is using the term in Isaiah where the JWs base the name.

Another sense of "witness" and very similar to the one above is that of a "second" as in a testifyng/affirming signature to a Will or Contract or as in when cool-folk say: "Can I get a Witness?" Answer: "Amen, brother!"

In a way the people of Israel (and Jehovah's Witnesses) also appear in this sense partially as they second or affirm the Truths which God has given mankind--though truthfully God needs no such human affirmation.

However, the third sense of "witness" is the one that God was using in Isaiah which is that of an "example".

Jah said to the Israelites: "You are my witnesses" meaning "You are my examples" in the world.

Their role in living up to his righteous standards was to thus indicate to the nations, to the angelic onlookers, to Satan and his demons, that a people could serve God and be obedient to him out of love. Thus as an example or "witness" to what God is claiming.

In this way then Jehovah's Witnesses, in their ministry, in their way of life, strive (but out of imperfection don't always live up) to reach the goal of being a faithful "witness" or example to others for God. This is an outstanding privilege heightened by the divine name that is born by Jehovah's Witnesses. (Even if "Jehovah" is scholarly mistake.)

Thus we sing and pray, "Oh may we always live up to our name!"

--Eduardo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I would have to agree with Amazing.JW`s witness nothing,except what they read read in WBTS literature.They are probably the most self-induced,deaf,dumb and blind organization on the planet...OUTLAW

• julien
    julien

Oroborus21: What dictionary says witness means 'example'?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

However, the third sense of "witness" is the one that God was using in Isaiah which is that of an "example".

Jah said to the Israelites: "You are my witnesses" meaning "You are my examples" in the world.

That interpretation is absolutely out of harmony with the context of the statement. If you read Isaiah 43:8-13, you see a scene similar to what one might expect in a courtroom:

8 Bring out the people who are blind, even though they have eyes,
    And the deaf, even though they have ears.
    9 All the nations have gathered together
    So that the peoples may be assembled.
    Who among them can declare this
    And proclaim to us the former things?
    Let them present their witnesses that they may be justified,
    Or let them hear and say, "It is true."
    10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    So that you may know and believe Me
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    And there will be none after Me.
    11 "I, even I, am the LORD,
    And there is no savior besides Me.
    12 "It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed,
    And there was no strange god among you;
    So you are My witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "And I am God.
    13 "Even from eternity I am He,
    And there is none who can deliver out of My hand;
    I act and who can reverse it?"

The demand is made for the nations to produce witnesses, as in a courtroom, to testify to the acts of their gods. Israel, which had been delivered many times by God's hand, could rightly testify to him as a powerful deliverer. When the nations came up without witnesses to their gods, they would have to admit that the God of Israel was the true God.

Nothing in the context of this scripture even hints that God was asking Israel to be "examples" to the nations. They were witnesses in the usual sense, ones who had observed His powerful acts and could testify as to what they had witnessed.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

As an interesting side note to the above scripture, note that NO god was formed after Jehovah. So much for the Watchtower's interpretation of Jesus being a created "god".

• julien
    julien

Jeez I remember when I was a kid believing that as JWs we truly understood the bible, understood scriptures in context etc. And that worldly folks were the ones who ignored context. Amazing how I could believe something like that strongly without even investingating it. I just accepted it. JWs are particularly bad about ignoring context, to support their wacky doctrines, such as two class christian system, blood, etc.

Edited by - julien on 25 July 2002 18:31:11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit