JW urban legends

by berten 17 Replies latest social humour

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Same story different twist...

two JW's who were witnessing and got to the door of a two other dudes who were actually planning to kill them with a pistol one had behind his back but when he opened the door he let them speak, he said "not interested" and let them go.

As they were leaving the JW's hear the men talking, one sais to the other "Why did'nt you kill them"? and the other one sais "Did'nt you see the huge guys standing next to them?"

In our Kingdom Hall.

One lone JW sister took the door of the SON OF SAM KILLER, later when he was arrested somehow the police realize the witness was at his door and ask him, "Why didn't you kill her"? and he says "Because of the huge guys standing next to her?"

Edited by - nanoprobe on 25 July 2002 11:35:44

• kristslayer
    kristslayer

"Brothers" the CO sais, "The big men he was talking about had to be angels, as there was no one else in sight".

Then the congregation bursts into applause."

ROFLMAO! Cheers In_Between_Days!

• JBean
    JBean

Oh my GOD!!! I totally have forgotten about all those wacky "stories" told as if they were the gospel truth!!!! I shudder to think how I used to repeat them to "non believers" not even caring how they looked at me as if I were nuts!! HA! (ps: the Dog named Jehovah and that one about the sister going to the door and not being raped/killed 'cos of the angels must have been the two BIGGIES of our time... I'm on the east coast of the US and they were repeated for YEARS!!!)

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

My parents had a tape of a talk by Dan Sydlik (Sp.?). I loved listening to it. In it he told of the experiences of the JWs during WW2. One that always got me was of two JW brothers (one later became branch overseer of Poland). They were either being marched to another concentration camp or on a death march, I forget which. During the march they had no food. One was carrying the other, and eventually wore out. He placed the other near a tree and walked away (according to Sydlik, if you stopped marching the Nazis shot you in the head). As he awaited the death of the other nothing happened, so he walked back to the tree and found the other with a loaf of bread. He asked the other, "Where did you get that bread?" The other said, "A man gave it to me." He looked for the man but couldn't find him. They ate the bread and made to their destination. Sydlik said it was an angel, and the audience thundered its applause.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Wow - this brings back memories.

I heard many of these already, but also one where a Smurf starting flying around the Kingdom Hall and had to be caught with a net.

Also, in New York, there were a lot of Mafia stories. There was one story about an older brother (now disceased) in my old congregation that wanted to get out of the Mafia because he was studying. So he was picked up off the street and driven to Jersey to be shot. All the time he kept saying, "Jehovah" in the backseat. So they mysteriously let him go and told him they hoped they never saw him again.

Another was when a JW knocked on the door of an obvious Mafia hangout in the woods (this was 2 hrs north of the city). Something big was going down, so to get rid of the brother they took all of his literature and gave him a crisp $100 bill. The brother this happened to told the story, but I somehow think he was making it up to get more placements for that month or something (maybe JW urban legend fame).

• Swan
    Swan

My mother told me a story about a little girl named Charlotte in our congregation who was playing in her room and talking up a storm. When she came out she told her mother, "I talked to Satan." Well the mother called in a bunch of sisters and they had a witch hunt. They went through the whole house and finally found an old religious picture in the back of a closet. They took it outside and set fire to it, but it wouldn't burn. So they called on one of the brothers, who doused it with gasoline. The set fire to it again and this time the gasoline made the fire last longer, but it still wouldn't burn at first. Finally it burned and the little girl hasn't talked to Satan since. (Since I was a child, I thought this was a true story!)

• berten
    berten

Another popular story was the one about the three JW doing fieldwork
    in a country where JW's were forbidden.They walked through a forest
    when a thunderstorm started up.One of the JW was killed by lightning
    and when the other two searched his belongings,it turned out he was no
    JW at all but a government spy who worked himself up within the JW.

How nice,Jehover who zaps a spy to protect his flock,
    but he can't be bothered to give childabusers the same treatment...

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

That brings back memories UglyDuckling. Everytime I was "bad" as a child my parents went diving through the house looking for whatever new they had bought recently so they could burn the demons out of it. It got so bad that, as a child, I used to tell my parents I was possessed by demons because I thought it must be true. How messed up is that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit