C Q ***HOW MANY HERE ARE....***

by zev 16 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Use to be one back in the late 70's and early 80's.

Would know how to talk on one now. Breaker Breaker...hehehehe.

I have been a long time fan of listening to police calls though.

• freeman
    freeman

Hi k d 1 z x, this is kc2jjk, receive you 5 by 9. I hope to qso with you maybe on 40 meters or a band of your choosing sometime. Shouldnt really give out my call, but I dont think Elders are allowed near Ham radio are they? Bad associations, and much too technical etc, also it's my understanding that RF energy from the transmitter interferes with the flow of Holy Spirit to these appointed men of God. Freeman

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Freeman

There used to be several scheduled (US JW) HF-pole frequencies on the sixties. Then around the same time there was an article in Awake! stating that one should not really devote time for this hobby. Actually it might have been written about CB, but they could not tell the difference just like Simon quoting 10-4 for hams.

Sort of forerunner of Internet - information exchange out of their control?

Mark

• zev
    zev

my favorite thing to say on the repeaters was...

10-4 good buddy and i'm back on the side..

course thats ok for cb lingo....but it really ticked the hams off. but i was just kidding some peeps cant take a joke

i even had worked my way to a V.E. with the ARRL, but i never did even one test session or anything.

my real interest, before the internet took off, was packet, i had two systems, we ran tcp/ip over the air, linked to an internet gateway and i ran an nntp server for ham radio and had the other system for my personal use.

i spent many a hour doing that before somethning happened and turned me sour.

it all came down in an hour never to return again.

had my own domains and ip's too.

kd1zx.ampr.org 44.56.14.48

and

nntp.kd1zx.ampr.org 44.56.14.47

oh well....those were the days.

now my radio's collect dust and every once in a while i get on just to make sure i still know how to use the PTT

• ve9gra
    ve9gra

Hey guys... would any of you have any dual-bander mobiles or handhelds in good condition that you want to do away with?

I might be interested.. I had to sell mine a while back because I was out of $$$ but if the price is right...

msg at [email protected]

• zev
    zev

SORRY, JUST SINGLE BAND UNITS HERE, ONE 10METER, ONE TWO METER, BOTH MOBILES, AND A 440 HAND HELD, AND A 2 METER HANDHELD.

no real low band stuff, just never had the cash and a place to hang a decent 'tenna. qsl?

sorry about the caps. i wasnt yelling. honest

• zev
    zev

-.- -... .---- --.. -..-

i think i got that right.....my cw is horrible

73's

de kd1zx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit