C Q ***HOW MANY HERE ARE....***

by zev 16 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

HAMS?

i mean the amatuer radio type, not the oink oink piggly wiggly type.

don't give yourself away with your callsigns here....maybe we can communicate by email?

me, i have no fear.....

my call sign is...

drum roll....

should i??????

Edited by - zev on 24 July 2002 20:54:49

• ISP
    ISP

I got a radio.......its got FM and AM.......I don't talk into yet.

ISP

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

That is QSL, but you could have included CQ on the headline as I almost missed this QSO.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

zev.

.... ..

.. ._ _ _ W4VGX

Joseph

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Funny you should ask, I used to be into it a bit. I got my Novice and held it for 5 years or so, I made 10 or so contacts with that extremely slow mode of communicating called CW! I enjoyed building projects mostly and tunning up my antenna systems. Then the internet came along and now the hobby lies dormant. I used to think it was very magical to communicate over hundreds of miles on a radio, bypassing the long distance charges of telephone communications, the internet has removed that feeling also.....

The old days were fun, the old ham radio group in town was a good group of people. But the net is way more fun and one hell of a lot cheaper! With the cost of a good "rig" now up into the thousands, and the cost of a good PC now well below a thousand, well I just had to switch over.

• Farkel
    Farkel

zev,

I'm a ham.

(Oh, shit. I just found out you were taking about the "radio" type of ham.)

Nevermind!

Farkel

• zev
    zev

this is ....

k d 1 z x

formerly n 1 n u c

Edited by - zev on 24 July 2002 21:0:0

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I used to hold a tech/general license (general theory, 5 wpm code) and was very active in weather spotting in our central TX area...but during the busy time having my last kid and taking care of my sick Dad, I accidentally let my license lapse :(. Of course, I found out that the hams around here don't take kindly to female operators, and they don't have an organized weather team, so it hasn't been a great loss for me. ) I do miss the weather spotting, though, it is a really useful community service and our whole family got involved; storm chasing can be really cool, if you're careful.

I have a niece who achieved her Extra Class license at the age of 11, before they dumbed down the testing. She made contacts all over the world using code, and she even talked to Skylab at one time.

CQ?

• ve9gra
    ve9gra

QSL

My QRA is to the left...

73 to the guys and 88 to the ladies!!

PS: Am I guessing right in assuming that I sparked this?

• Simon
    Simon

er ... 10-4

Ok, that's my knowledge exhausted and people probably never say that anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit