friend's encounter with jws,this may interest U.

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

No, he actually saw these laptops being carried about,he has seeing them before, so i don't believe he can B mistakened

• Prisca
    Prisca
    I thought heard a rumor -- or maybe it was a dream -- that UADNA will soon be providing apostate CDs that can be used to "reply" to the WTS CDs

Nathan, please do not discuss UADNA matters on this board.

Thank you.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I agree w/ Prisca & Amazing............laptops in the "ministry? hmmm

Edited by - Dismembered on 24 July 2002 10:30:40

• Xander
    Xander
    did he just assume they were carrying laptops by the size of the bags they were carrying?

LOLOL!

Exactly what I was thinking. I know my bag was big enough!

he actually saw these laptops being carried about

Individidual j-dubs have ALWAYS had laptops. We had people taking notes on the beasts that were out back in the 90s at conventions.

However, I can just about guarantee this is NOT an organization-wide policy. Laptops are FAR from cheap - even low-end models. In a time when the society it cutting back everywhere (rumored 'layoffs' at Bethel, swapping to paper covered books, etc.) I find it hard to believe they would simply shuck out the tens of millions of dollars needed to equip a decent section of their field workers with laptops (still running around $2K a pop).

• caspian
    caspian

I think your friends are mistaken.

There is no trial being made of using laptops on the doors.

Most Brothers and Sisters struggle with tracts and mags anyway.

Cas

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Xander said, "Laptops are FAR from cheap - even low-end models..."

I think the WTS, through Watchtower Thunking Machine Laboratories, Inc., wil be leveraging their hand-crank phonograph technology into building their own hand-crank "computers," (actually just CD players) and that these "computers" will have Theocratic Communications Technology (tm) enabled - no modem or net ports or storage media. The OS will be burned into two tablets of silicon ROM stone by the finger of Jehovah himself. The advanced technology display will be backlit by the WTS' "Shekinah Technology," originally developed in the 1950's under a DARPA grant for military applications.

"Dude, you're getting a real piece of shit!"

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 24 July 2002 11:16:0

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 24 July 2002 11:17:43

• Gopher
    Gopher

I remember suggestions from the "Kingdom Ministry" monthly and from circuit overseers that talked about the kinds of things you should carry in your witnessing kit. This included more than just a Bible and a "Reasoning" book. It included things like a "Young People Ask" book (just in case you ran into an enquiring young one), a "Family Life" book (just in case), also a "Bible Stories" book. And of course at least one "Knowledge" book, in case you had an opportunity to start a study.

It seems there were other suggestions too. If you carried all the suggested books, you'd come home with quite a terrible backache.

A laptop PC? Forget it!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Au contaire, mon frere!

Let there be no doubt about it - the WTS laptops are being distributed world wide even as we speak!

The WTS Thunking Machines hand-crank laptop will feature a metallic hydrogen frame. This, combined with the WTS' exclusive "HotAirOnCD Technology(tm)" will render laptops that are actually lighter than air!

It is only because of the ugency of our times and the importance of the door to door publication distribution work that this wonderful technology has been provided for humankind's benefit in the last remaining days or weeks certainly not months or years of this wicked and mocking system of things.

Truly ear has not seen and eye has not heard the wonderful scientific and technological bounty that will flow from Jehovah's organization as soon as the last bastions of rational thought are laid low.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 24 July 2002 11:45:10

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nathan was obviously quoting from the last talk at this year's district convention. You understand, it's that last part that always runs half an hour long, because of all the *spontaneous* applause that bursts out at 20-second intervals?

After the part that Nathan quoted (see previous post), the audience burst into *spontaneous* applause once more, and tears were literally rolling down their cheeks at the prospect of "laptop witnessing".

Maybe some of the friends got it confused with lap dancing?

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Perhaps they were on their way to a convention and the laptops were just for notetaking.

Edited by - johnny_was_good on 24 July 2002 13:14:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit