friend's encounter with jws,this may interest U.

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

My friend was swiddling with his car when he noticed a group of JWs going door to door, one of them (a lady) approached him and said they wanted to interest him in the Bible etc etc.

He said that Jesus Christ was the head of his household so he couldn't accept WT publications.

He also said U should pratise your faith or something similiar.

He also made an interesting observation,all the Jws were carrying laptop computers!

The idea,being they could beam images onto your living room wall or insert a CD Rom into the laptop to show U things.

My friend believes they R carrying out a test run using laptops in their ministry.

Is he right?

This was in Basingstoke.

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

if this is true, it means we can use their own computers to show them how wrong the WT&S is when they come to our doors. how much fun would that be.

"ah, I love the smell of apostacy in the morning."

:p

will

• Crystal
    Crystal

Thats a scary thought...the jw are becoming high tech. Next time one comes to my house...when he fires up his laptop (when he is not looking) I will pull up the freeminds.org. site. Maybe we can deprogram these poor silly souls.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Did he actually see the laptops, or did he just assume they were carrying laptops by the size of the bags they were carrying?

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I've been out for nearly 2 years, so there could have been changes, but I don't remember them ever doing that. Either it's a new thing, so they can reference the cd, or he mistook their literature bags (of all different Stoops styles) for laptop cases.

• writerpen
    writerpen

I don't know that I believe they were carrying laptops either. Come on, this is a religion that is hell bent on tradition and rules and is adament about not using the internet. Would they really encourage folks to make full use of a machine that can access apostacy at the touch of a button or two?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Nothing surprises me anymore ... but somehow, laptops in the Door-to-door work seems a little odd.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Urban legends are made of this!

• kat7302
    kat7302

Im guessing that the laptops were in fact just ministry bags.

My dad loves his hi tech gadgets and if laptops were being test run, he would be at the forefront, believe me!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It may be an "urban legend" in-the-making, but it would also be an interesting development if the WTS decided that the average Dub was too incompetent to carry the message from door to door and thus took a giant step back to the days of the phonograph and photo-drama to have Dubs playing sermons off of CDs in their laptops. An addditional "benefit" to the Dubs would be that you can't have a debate with a canned presentation.

I thought heard a rumor -- or maybe it was a dream -- that UADNA will soon be providing apostate CDs that can be used to "reply" to the WTS CDs... "Oh, yeah? well, here's Michael Jackson in "Thriler"!..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit