Name your favourite kingdom melody?

by haujobbz 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I liked Number 4: God's Promise of Paradise......very nice tune.......

One I never liked is Number 6: Declare the Everlasting Good News......I think they should change the lyrics to:

A-round the Hall with ur-gen-cy, the el-ders fly............

With ev-er-las-ting bad new for the Date-line crime.......

They say 'Give Glory and fear us upon our throne........

Yes worship lo-cal elders and serve theeeem a-loooooone........

For now has come the Borg's most awsome Judgement Hour.......

Soon all the TV networks news will make them scowl.......

According-ly the brave at heart they must not fear..........

But speak out boldly what you know, both far and near!

• TR
    TR

My fave kingdom melody is the one titled: "We're lying sons-of-bitches so sue us". It hasn't been published yet.

TR

• Pardus
    Pardus

"The Bible's Hope for Mankind"

"Dark days are here, men live in fear, with dire expectation, as to all creation...

"Blindly they grope, having no hope, as the system nears its end"

"But the Bible gives us a reason for cheer, due to all the proofs that the Kingdom is near...."

"Life's darksome night, filled with much fright, None can be denying, for all men are dying."

"None from the grave, his life can save, All man's work is vanity."

"But the Bible holds out a hope for the dead, That a resurrection for these lies ahead."

Hilarious lyrics set the tone for this one, and perfectly convey the witnesses ideology of "we are good, the world is evil." I have to fight back laughter whenever I hear this. But seriously, this song used to scare me when I was little. Some of the lyrics sound like a Metallica song.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I liked No. 4 and No.10. They were some of the well-properly written songs in the song book.

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

"Losing my religion" ... OOPS, that's R.E.M.

John W Wirtanen

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

That paradise song at the end of the pink paperback songbook a long time ago.....link below explains why.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32907&page=1&site=3#434325

• Lamia
    Lamia

never mind losin my religion wot about -its the end of the world as we know it + i feel fine??? anyone know if any members of REM were ever involved with jws?

• minimus
    minimus

my all time favorite : song 209 FOLLOW THE WARRIOR KING! ,,,,seriously,these are some of the suckiest songs ever made.

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

The deal on the pianos at the KHs was the Society wanted everyone to by their records/tapes/cd's. Also to they had the donated pianos sold and the money donated to them! Think of all that money coming from the 1000's or 10s of 1000s of KH!! Dave

• thewiz
    thewiz

there is/was one song that had the line "...like bees that were molested." -i always sang that piece with a smirk and like i was a mindless drone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit