Salty Streaks

by joannadandy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

So what do you do when someone makes you cry?

• Do you let them see?
    • Do you pretend you have something in your eye?
    • Do you change the subject/blow it off?
    • Do you have it out right then and there?
    • Do you never speak to them again?
    • Do you try and make them cry?
  • Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Depends on why they made me cry.....circumstances and personalities have a lot to do with how I would choose to react.

Bona

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Good point, I was just thinking about it because I am setting a pattern of hiding it...that can't be healthy...lol

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Depends on who makes me cry. But I usually just hide it, show a poker face and walk away. But if I want to make the person feel guilty, I'll show my tears.

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

There a few things you could do if someone makes you cry,you could say something back to make them cry,you could beat them up lol,you could worry about your eyeliner running (im not a woman),you could tell them you were just chopping onions,you could tell them you were in a play and practicing your part for it,you could tell them you missed going to meetings.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i never cry! my tear ducts are defective :(

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

I'm with Viv. And I agree that holding it in is not healthy. I'm all about letting someone know they hurt me or made me mad...unless of course, that's the reaction they wanted. If that's the case, I wouldn't give them the pleasure but I would let it all out once I was alone.

Bona

• Prisca
    Prisca

• Do you let them see?

I try to be discreet, but I'm not ashamed to cry.

• Do you pretend you have something in your eye?

No, unless there's a really good reason for not letting on that I'm crying.

• Do you change the subject/blow it off?

I might try to change the subject, but it's better to let our emotions come out naturally.

• Do you have it out right then and there?

If I need to have a really good cry, then I'll do it privately, or in the arms of someone who loves me.

Or do you mean as in an argument? If that's the case, I'll let the other person know how I feel, and why. If I'm upset, I'll let the other person know.

• Do you never speak to them again?

Because they made me cry? No, everyone deserves a second chance.

• Do you try and make them cry?

No, that smacks of emotional manipulation. The best course is to explain why they made you cry. Perhaps they didnt meant to hurt you, or perhaps something YOU did has made THEM cry.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hmmm.... i guess it depends on who made me cry, what it was about, etc. i mean, if somebody @ work made me feel like crying, i wouldn't of course. but if it was someone i was close to, i would probably not hold back my tears. sometimes, though, you just can't help but weep a little. even if it's in public. one time, after i broke up with someone, i was all fine and everything and i went to the store to pick up some milk. that's all just a little carton of milk. so i'm waiting there in the express lane behind some old guy buying beer, cheetos and one of those plastic scubber thingies, and behind me is a fattish lady with two little kids screaming about candy, and anyway that one song comes on the intercom. it's called "love can make you happy" by mercy and all of a sudden i just started tearing up and i thought geez what's taking so long come on already and began wiping my eyes wishing i had a tissue and so anyway sometimes you can't keeo it in no matter how hard you tru it just happens.

but i would never, ever want to make anyone else cry, even if they made me cry.

p.s. i hope you didn't ask this because you're sad. if you are, my condolences.

• Mum
    Mum

At my last job, my boss took me in his office and screamed at me for about an hour and a half. I know he was trying to make me cry. He failed. I was so proud. A few years ago, I would have been genuinely scared and he would have broken me within a few minutes. I usually hide when I cry, too, but I cry far less than I used to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit