A Quartet Of Questions For You Know...

by hillary_step 38 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello You Know,

Given your reaction to Mr. Andersons letter of resignation recently posted to this Board, which seemed sympathetic, I would like to ask four questions of you, which of course you are at liberty not to answer.

1 ) How do you personally feel about the fact that the WTS is now moving to disfellowship Mr. Anderson for writing that letter?

2) If Mr. Anderson were to begin posting to this Board, how would you view him?

3) Do you accept that there are others posting to this Board who have been disfellowshipped for a similar display of personal integrity and courage?

4) If the WTS were to take action against you at some stage for your contrary opinions of its policies, will you view yourself as a 'slithering apostate weasel', or as a man of integrity?

Best regards - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 23 July 2002 13:19:20

Edited by - hillary_step on 23 July 2002 13:46:50

• jack2
    jack2

Interesting questions Hill.

• You Know
    You Know

Given your reaction to Mr. Andersons letter of resignation recently posted to this Board, which seemed sympathetic, I would like to ask three questions of you, which of course you are at liberty not to answer.

Is this some sort of trick? I counted 4 questions. What are you trying to pull? Seriously though, those questions are appropriate. I will try to be brief for our ADD aflicted readers.

1 ) How do you personally feel about the fact that the WTS is now moving to disfellowship Mr. Anderson for writing that letter?

I am deeply disappointed that they would try and use the local brothers to do their dirty work. I am not at all proud of the Watchtower right now. They are reaching an all time low as far as I am concerned. Jehovah's judgment cannot come soon enough. As you probably know, I think the 'increasing of lawlessness,' and 'the love of the greater number growing cooling off' as well as many 'betraying one another' and many 'being stumbled,' applies to Jehovah's Witnesses. It certainly is an observable phenomenon and a significant aspect of Christ's prophecy concerning the sign of his presence. The more the lawlessness increases, like pedophilia for example, the more friends are stumbled, and the more the organization resorts to loveless tyranny to stem the tide. And, most distressing, is that the Watchtower hasn't really prepared us for this sort of test. They resemble the Jews in Jeremiah's prophecy who are treating the breakdown of Jehovah's people lightly by saying in effect: "There is peace, there is peace"... when there is no peace.

The challenge for the faithful, no matter how bad it gets, is to not allow themselves to be driven into the arms of "sympathetic" apostates. That's the danger presented at Psalms 10:9-10, which reads: "He keeps lying in wait in the concealed place like a lion in his covert. He keeps lying in wait to carry off some afflicted one by force. He carries off the afflicted one by force when he draws his net shut. He is crushed, he bows down, and the army of dejected ones has to fall into his strong claws."

Read the 34th chapter of Ezekiel. The whole chapter is detailing Jehovah's judicial decision that is to be executed against those whom he judges to be bad shepherds. Those bad shepherds are described, in verse 21, where God says: "For the reason that with the flank and with the shoulder you kept pushing and with your horns you kept shoving all the sickened ones until you had scattered them to the outside." Now, if Jehovah's Witneses are indeed God's people, we would expect to see some evidence of the activity of the bad shepherds as a prelude to Jehovah's judgment. And indeed we do. The fact that such outrages are occurring, whereby God's sheep are being abused and stumbled out of the organization by abusive shepherds, far from proving that we are not Jehovah's organization, in fact proves the very opposite.

2) If Mr. Anderson were to begin posting to this Board, how would you view him?

I am sympathetic with him at the moment, but if he joins in the apostate side of the issue, then, I would view him as I do the most of you. Sort of like in the sci-fi movie, Invasion of the Body Snacthers, you have sympathy for the victim, but then when the victim raises his finger and shrieks at you, then your view changes a bit.

3) Do you accept that there are others posting to this Board who have been disfellowshipped for a similar display of personal integrity and courage?

No doubt.

4) If the WTS were to take action against you at some stage for your contrary opinions of its policies, will you view yourself as a 'slithering apostate weasel', or as a man of integrity?

Well, perhaps I would view myself as an integrity keeping weasel, sort of in keeping with the paradoxical village idiot/ Einstein character of your note.

/ You Know

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Robert,

Thank you for your honest answers, while obviously I do not agree with some of your views, from your vantage I do understand them.

Well, perhaps I would view myself as an integrity keeping weasel, sort of in keeping with the paradoxical village idiot/ Einstein character of your note.

lol....

Best regards - HS

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Aside from the excellent post and reply..............

I think sending a message into cyberspace, calling on YOU KNOW, and he immediately answers is pretty profound.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

You Know:

I would like to turn Hillary's quartet of questions into a quintet of queries (did you know that apostates always alliterate?).

Re. your statements:

Now, if Jehovah's Witneses are indeed God's people, we would expect to see some evidence of the activity of the bad shepherds as a prelude to Jehovah's judgment. And indeed we do. The fact that such outrages are occurring, whereby God's sheep are being abused and stumbled out of the organization by abusive shepherds, far from proving that we are not Jehovah's organization, in fact proves the very opposite.

Why do you feel this is a valid argument that the Watchtower is God's organisation, but the same argument is not valid for, say, the Roman Catholic church?

Expatbrit

• You Know
    You Know

Why do you feel this is a valid argument that the Watchtower is God's organisation, but the same argument is not valid for, say, the Roman Catholic church?

Just merely having bad shepherds pretty much describes all religions. But, that aspect is just one facet of a larger mosaic. Taken alone nothing means anything, but when all the Scriptures are considered, Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion that fits into the Bible's description. The presumption of apostates is that because there are these abuses by elders, and so forth, that for that reason Jehovah's Witnesses can't be the true religion. Basically apostates are animalistically exploitng our own naivete because of our having this unrealistic and idylic view of how the truth is supposed to be. The Scriptures though explain how we can at the same time be God's people and still have all of these difficulties and corruption. / You Know

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

You Know,

This is an honest question. Why does God allow bad shepherds? I do not understand that. The fact that such outrages are occurring, whereby God's sheep are being abused and stumbled out of the organization by abusive shepherds, far from proving that we are not Jehovah's organization, in fact proves the very opposite. I can't see the logic, even with you bible quote, I cant see it..

Viv.

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Okay, You Know, I read the chapter of Ezekiel and seemed to talk about the condition of Jewish people under the Pharissee before Jesus became their shepherd. As I understood the chapter the bad guys get the boot.

So I checked my trusty CD and it says: (w93 9/15)

Today, the clergy of Christendom portray themselves as shepherds of the so-called Christian congregation, but its spiritually sick state proves that the clergy are like the wicked impostors who neglected and abused the people when Jesus was on the earth. In no way are they willing, able, or qualified to shepherd the flock of God.

God gives his sheep tender care. (Read Ezekiel 34:15, 16.) If a fat sheep was to oppress Gods flock today, Jehovah would "feed" him with disfellowshipping now and annihilation in the "great tribulation w88 9/15

From this chapter how does having wicked shepherds that are in total control prove this is God's organization?

• You Know
    You Know

Why does God allow bad shepherds? I do not understand that.

It goes ack to the issue you brought up the other day concerning why God allowed Job to experience such difficulties. The issues that Satan brought up are still relevant. That's why Jesus told Peter, moments before he was arrested and executed, that Satan had demanded to have the apostles in order to sift them as wheat. Satan's contention is that if we suffer hardships that we will turn our backs on God. So, in order to lay that issue to rest, permanently, God allows the most difficult tests of all, in that he allows bad shepherds to abuse and misguide his sheep in order for them to prove that even that sort of atrocity cannot destroy the love and faith of God's loyal ones. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit