What "SIN" do elders respond to fastest?

by Dismembered 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

I think people got confused between "speed" (the original question) and "result".

It is probably true that Apostasy will get the person DF'd more often than a sex situation.

BUT I would contend that because a sex-matter is going to be more or less cut and dry and easier to resolve that the Elders would be faster to form a JC and get the matter to judgment much much faster than apostasy or some other matter.

With these other less "tangible" matters I think they are more likely to take their time in dealing with it. Especially if the issue is statements made, etc. that someone is saying are apostate or whatever. They would question the hearer, etc. before taking it to the JC. But once the JC was started it would probably be faster decision (assuming the apostasy was "proven") then a JC that discussed the ins and outs of sex.

--Eduardo

• sisteract
    sisteract

i have to agree with jrizzo reagarding the A to be given the most attention. it's like treason against your coutry or something. on the other hand i know of more than a few "big boys" that i think got off on those committee meetings. i was in more than once and the completely violating questions they asked and details were horrifying. when i was just 23 i sat before them because an older sister that i confided in regarding my "secret fault" of masturbating (i kind of thought i was doing good because i had it down to only once a month) told on me and they needed to discuss it with me because i might have my "privelege" of regular pioneering taken away.

oh well, it is so great to be free of that crap!!!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

you bet they do Sisteract!

• wildfire
    wildfire

WELL I HAVE BEEN HAULED BEFORE THE ""COMMITTEE" FOR SEXUAL SINS,,,, BUT I WAS NOT DF THEN,,, BUT I AGREE WITH MINIMUS THEY RESPONDED VERY QUICKLY WHEN MY OWN DAUGHTER TURNED ME IN FOR GOING TO APOSTATE SITES...... THE VERY NEXT DAY..... BUT I HAVE HELD THEM OFF AFTER THAT RIDICULOUS MEETING WITH THE RETARTED PO..... (WHO ALWAYS GIVES AWAY WAY TOO MUCH INFO ON THE SHEEP ) but get this guys they are watching me every time iget up from the meeting to talk to someone an elders wife is not more than a foot away listening to every "incriminating word...or so she thinks from me....ha ha ha iam on to the game and as of yet they have not got what they want but the other day my book study conductor wanted to come for a visit well i said i was tooooo sick and on new meds (they know of my history with depression and injuries from car accidents) so i played that card and dam it worked,,,, for now.........but its going to be my way,,,,,,,, not theres for now wish me well,,,,,, all you former elders.......out there....... just call me ms columbo hahhahahaha

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

THE FASTEST way to get any elder to kick you out, or respond quicker...is when it's not even a SIN. You speak TRUTH to them...about who they are and what position they hold and that is a 'good for nothing servent that has no authority to judge' or speak to them in regards their religion being the 'disgusting thing causing desolation standing in a holy place.' Truth is the fastest thing they respond to...but sadly it's not a sin ...at all. I told one sister a message that she could not react to and got disfellowshiped asap.~FS

Edited by - fiveshadows on 6 November 2002 15:38:10

• undercover
    undercover

Sexual misconduct judicial mtgs and decisions are different than apostasy JC mtgs and decisions. In sexual matters there is somebody usually admitting upfront that they haved slipped up. Or if someone told on you(broke a trust) then most will break down and confess. And like someone said earlier, it is against Bible teachings so there will be guilt associated with it. Apostasy will not have guilt feelings associated with it, or repentance shown. It can be readily admitted upfront, but I have noticed that a lot of you sent letters DAing yourselves anyway. Others waited till they were confronted and then their are those of us who are still in but not daring to show our hand(yet anyway).

The one time I was in a JC mtg for sexual misconduct, the elders were mostly fair. They started to ask questions about the act itself, but one elder said he didn't want details, just the basic facts. He said to answer with yes and no, please. More than once? He really meant well and wanted to see repentance. If any JWs are lurking and end up in a JC mtg in the future remember one thing(if you don't wanna get DF'd); after the sin, you prayed like you never prayed before, seeking forgiveness from Jehovah. That was one thing that stood out. They wanted to know more about the intent of the prayer afterward and what was asked of Jehovah in the prayer as much as they did the transgression itself. That told me that this one elder did care and wasn't looking to get his rocks off. Now I was told later by the sister, that the other elders really let her have it for her dress and grooming and how that "brings these things on". I can see where the sisters feel like they are singled out for the blame. This sister got raked over the coals while they treated me fairly. Go figure. Takes two to tango. Both are fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit