What "SIN" do elders respond to fastest?

by Dismembered 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Maybe it's just me but, it seem like "elders" respond extremely quickly to "sexual misconduct" as long as it does not involve their own family members. I think they like it. TRUE or FALSE?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I am inclined to agree.

While it depends on the personality of the individual elder, and whether or not they truly believe the propaganda as distributed by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.. it has been my experience that many (not all, so I will not categorize or stereotype) elders are essentially untrained academically in any matters requiring counseling or direction, so they tend to get their rocks off in listening to the sexual exploits of others, and being able to exercise control over the lives of the people who look up to them.

A large horde of perverted old men.

Simple enough.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Well stated Reborn2002

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This is generalizing, but I think quite a few of us had a "Brother Jude Ishelmatter" in the congos we attended.

With these power-drunk shmucks you'd get in less trouble for denying Jesus' resurrection than you would for fondling a breast for more than the 1.5 seconds that the secret elder's manual allows before the act becomes gross fornication.

Edited by - dantheman on 22 July 2002 18:24:33

• blondie
    blondie

Sexual misconduct unless it's with a child/minor.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's a toss-up between sex involving a thong or apostasy involving a question regarding the child molestation.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

anyone else? what do you think?

• Lieu
    Lieu

telling their wives off produces the fastest JC I've ever seen!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Hmmmmm, on the whole they probably respond to sexual misconduct the fastest, but they pounce hardest on apostacy. You can cry and convince the elders you're repentant for fornication, but even a whiff of the big A is usually enough to get you the boot.

Hmmm

• Amazing
    Amazing

Almost always sexual sins, especially adultery. I am not sure they 'like it' as though they get their jollies or trigger tripped ... it is just that it is a clearly Biblical no-no ... and easier to judge. I also at times wondered if there was some envy ... especially when brother handsome-stud and sister gorgeous-babe got it on ... but, I just can't imagine the Elders being that crass oh no, not JW Elders ... though when I was an Elder, we had all kinds of kinky cases ... and maybe its time to start up more on my Justice Series.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit