Let the dead bury their own dead

by Hmmm 13 Replies latest jw friends

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

This is a sterling example of the level of control that exists in dubdom. We all know very well why your brother is so reluctant to miss another meeting. Christ, we don't just have to please jehovah; there is the society, the brothers and sisters and don't forget the worldly onlookers. Only to walk away and come to the realization that the worldly folks never gave a damn. All the things I did not do so as to not stumble anyone; even matters of conscious were little ways in which to display your faith, or lack thereof. And I am glad that I was only a female in the organization and no one really epected me to reach out for anything.

I can recall a 'brother' who dumped his fiance on the day of their wedding because she didn't go out in service earlier that saturday due to last minute wedding arrangements. You wouldn't believe how many sisters rallied around him proclaiming his great spirituality and love for jehovah. The girl was utterly humiliated and devastated and it was only a few of us who proclaimed him blacklisted for life.

Thanks for the reminder of all we gave and gave and yet we could never really be sure if our service was acceptable to jehovah god.

edited because of the shocking number of typos

Edited by - yrs2long on 23 July 2002 1:1:23

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

TeeJay

Don't be surprised over the emotional reaction. A man a real man still has the right to react to very sad things in genuine grief.

I have read several posts here and elsewhere that brought tears. It is the normal thing to do.

I think part of it is that it brings to the front the thought less senseless things our own relatives and friends trapped in the Borg have done to us and will continue to do.Now we see it happening to others. Also there is the apparent inability on our part to change their conduct or their lack of respect for family ties. This is extremely frustrating and obviously unfair. This alone is enough to bring tears.

Hopefully some of the problems the wbts are having will open their eyes and we will see some changes in our families conduct.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

outoftheorg: (Why do I want to call you outoftheBorg?) What is so sad is that the WT doesn't openly teach us to be this way. They just cram so much of their crap into your day that it naturally squeezes other things out, and when you finally notice it, you think it's natural.

yrs: And I am glad that I was only a female in the organization and no one really epected me to reach out for anything.

I think females had it worse. They had to 'reach out' to pioneer, but got none of the power (such that it is)

That wedding story is one of the worst things I've ever heard! And people applauded that idiocy? Sheesh, and I thought it was silly when a brother and sister I knew went out in service together the morning of their wedding. What was the reaction of the elders to this? I was always told that the engagement was a solemn promise yadda yadda yadda. The coward probably just got cold feet and needed an "out".

Teejay:

Your brother reminds me of mine -- a man driven, bound and determined to make something of himself in an enterprise that's going out of business; among people that really won't give a rat's ass about him if he ever wavers. And in the process? He totally disregards blood relatives he'll probably never have the chance to see EVER again, people who love him and *will* love him, regardless of what he does in life. Weird.

You hit the nail on the head. I've been on both sides of that coin. I've forgotten all about people when their usefulness to Mother waned; and when I faded away, I got no calls or visits (which was not a bad thing)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmm, so right about power equipment! Thanks for giving me a laugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit