Help me out here....

by Wolfgirl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I suppose part of my problem is because of precisely what was mentioned above...being told all my life that the only way I'll 'survive Armageddon' is to be a JW. Plus the "emotional blackmail," as my husband calls it, of my family not speaking to me. Not that half of them are worth speaking to anyway. I don't really know what to do or think.

My husband is extremely supportive of me, and always has been, even before we were involved romantically. He was a good friend first, and helped me through the worst time in my life. He is my pillar of strength.

How do you make any smilies other than that one? --->

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Here you go......

Author
    Topic: Codes for Emoticons Read 387 timesBe the 1st to rate this thread
    Simon
    Supreme One

United Kingdom
    Since: Mar 23, 2000

Advertisement

Facts on Jehovah Witnesses
    Ankerberg, John
    $3.99 $3.47
    Codes for EmoticonsJun 09, 2002 14:23

In my haste to put the new fangled stuff on I took the link to the emoticons off which you still need to be able to do anything other than a smilie.

So, for your convenience .... Emoticons

Type Emotion Graphic Type Emotion Graphic
    [>:( ]annoyed[:(! ]angry
    [:( ]frown[:) ]smile
    [:|? ]puzzled[:D ]big smile
    [:I ]blush[:o) ]clown
    [:O ]shocked[:p ]tongue
    [:X ]kisses[;) ]wink
    [=:O ]amazed[? ]question
    [^ ]approve[|) ]sleepy
    [}:) ]evil[8> ]sarcastic
    [8) ]shy[8D ]cool
    [B) ]black-eye[v ]disapprove
    [xx( ]dead

NOTE: I have added a space before the second ] character to stop them being converted to smilies so you can see what the codes are. You can also copy & paste the smilies themselves now.

Edited by - Simon on 9 June 2002 14:25:45

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Ta.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Wolfgirl,

Just wishing you a hearty welcome. I am sure you will find what you are looking for. This is a great site for many answers. Try not to take what alot of people here tend to say. Though the majority here are some of the kindest hearted people you will ever meet, there are some here you have to take with a box of salt. So take your time and enjoy yourself.

Nice to meet ya!

kkluv

• TheStar
    TheStar

Wolfgirl,

You've already recieved lots of great advice from the others here. I just wanted to welcome you to our growing family here at JW.com. I also wanted to mention that you can do a search for a particular topic on this site and read past threads. Doing this has helped me in my own research, I've recently become inactive myself. Under the logo at the top left of this page you will see a yellow tab that says research click there and then key in any key word or words to do a search for a particular topic.

The best advice that I can offer is to read all that you can. There is lots of good info. out on the net and in books that you can buy online or at your local bookstore. I think someone already gave you some of the more popular and informative internet links and someone else mentioned the book "Crisis of Conscience", it is a must read.

Stick around here, read and post your thoughts. Ask for help when you need to.

Hope to hear more from you.

Best wishes in your search for answers,

Star

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome WG

• seawolf
    seawolf

Bienvenue wolfgirl!

Always nice to see a fellow wolf here

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hi Wolfgirl,

Well in my informal assessment I think I would say that all but Guest77 and WWLuv or something like that, while kindly welcoming you to the Board definitely expressed negative feelings and/or pointed you to "anti-JW" info right off the bat.

Let me urge you to take a more balanced approach to things.

Cry all they might about the failings and flaws of the Society, the organization and many witnesses, the fact is that there is much good in the organization and I believe there is much truth there also. I think too that if you have been a witness you know in your heart that many things you were taught and came to learn are biblically accurrate and/or a beneficial way to live.

Now having said that, you may not agree with everything you come across including some very major things just as I suspect you may not agree with many JW teachings including some major things, but I think that you will find as some folks rightly advised you that if you browse around, read a little here and there, indulge your curiousity on topics that are more interesting or important to you, I think you will ultimately come to your own conclusions.

Find your own balance and decide together with your husband how you want to live your life. The bible, being God's Word and the manual for living, can give us a lot of guidance so turn to it. Remember your Creator and remember that it is a happy person that is conscious of their spiritual needs.

Best Wishes,

Eduardo

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    it is a happy person that is conscious of their spiritual needs.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and everyone has been very kind and reasonable. But I was never happy, no matter how much I studied or tried to "do right." Take from that what you will.

Thanks for the welcome, all.

• Flip
    Flip
    ...my husband has studied the Bible and knows what it says, he is probably one of the least religious people you would ever meet.

Totally understandable result.

Welcome WG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit