THERAPISTS

by sisteract 34 Replies latest jw friends

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Well you can all be happy that the DO : Bill Samuelson , when in the area, had it in for doc Bob tracked him down and booted the ball picker out. I went with him to see a few in our area that were known to see doc Bob. he was looking for a reason to get rid of him. One woman told us he would take walks in the woods and hold her hand, you should have seen old Bill perk up when he heard that.

HCM

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I feel sick. That any supposed therapist could behave in such an unprofessional manner is beyond me. There are standards and they are there for a reason. But this man seems beyond all moral sense.

Yes I know men grab and scratch and whatever but in a professional seeting you would expect some sense of respect for the person you are working with and respect for yourself. Seems he had neither.

Good for you for honoring how you felt and getting out of there.

I cannot imagine the poor people who worked with this baboon. He most certainly would have caused more damage to them. And any therapist who breaks confidentiality for ANY reason deserves to lose his license. Even religion is not an good excuse. I am horrified that any professional would do this.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Funny how he is obligated to break the same confidentiality that the watchtower tries to so venomously protect.

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I agree with you him "picking his balls," is highly inappropriate. From my sessions with him he is a very intelligent man. My opinion is Bob chose to make bad choice in his practice and personal life. Beyond being a JW, I can tell he had many problems/issues he need to work on himself.

I also felt If I wanted to talk to the elders, I would not have to pay Bob for that privledge. I could have done this for free.

He did help me with some issues I was having, so my experice was not all bad. Maybe of he wore looser pants he stop picking his balls.

I had only 6 sessions with him. Since I was moving overseas for a while , I stopped seeing him.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Whata baboon. HA HA HA

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Funny how he is obligated to break the same confidentiality that the watchtower tries to so venomously protect.

Thats absolutely true. And another thing. I wouls think that making his patients agree to such a thing would cause him to a least have his license suspended.

His patients are not going to him as "professional" patients. But he is presenting himself as a professional theropist.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    He said to me, "What ever you say here you are saying to the elders." He informed me that he would report to them anything said in our session for his loyality to Jehovah was first, confidetality was second.

This was his decision, but with his willingness to betray the physician-patient privilege, he should have abandoned his practice and been a pioneer instead.

In creating in his patients the fear of being turned over to the elders for so much as revealing doubts regarding the religion, he was destoying the very foundation of his practice. "oh, wonderful, I'm in therapy but any thoughts I reveal will be revealed to the elders." And notice he said "saying to the elders." He didn't say "For me to remain in clear conscience to Jehovah, I'll have to report to authorities any illegal conduct on your part." The control this society retains, even over so-called "professionals" is baffling.......

• scumrat
    scumrat

I wonder if anyone CONFIDENTIALY reported him to the liscensing board?

• Xander
    Xander

Okay, sorry, just gotta ask.

Not meaning any disrespect, but....

Maybe of he wore looser pants he stop picking his balls.

WTF is 'picking his balls'?

Now, I am still pretty young. But, I *do* have 23 years experience with having balls, and I'm pretty sure I've never done anything that could be described as 'picking' them??

Granted, I have had an itch that needs scratching periodically, but a subtle scratch takes care of it, and I can't think how someone would need to 'pick' at em, nor do it over and over enough to cause complaints among clients. (I mean, gods, it's REALLY not that itchy an area, I can't imagine that not getting rather irritating quickly!)

Or, am I missing something here?

• waiting
    waiting

To the men on this thread,

Yes, women notice when men scratch, pick at (I've never seen that particular action, however), fondle, just stand and hold for dear life, etc., their penis & balls. I've actually never understood the necessity of doing any/all of the above in public or mixed company.

For a professional male to do that consistently in front of his female clients is just gross.....and suspicious, particularily if the fragility of a therapy setting.

If a male boss were to sit across from his female secretary and do that on a regular basis.....I'd be willing to bet she could make a case of it to their superiors. Vice versus, btw. I would imagine a man watching a woman - no matter her age, weight, & looks - regularily scratching between her legs, might be grossed out too.

As for jw therapists? Yeah, I went to one - and a lot of damage was done. Ms. V. Monty in Boca Raton, Fl. Had a Big JW following. You see, jw's want someone who "understands" them, their peculiar outlook on life, etc. They don't really want to go to someone who says that God just might not condemn premarital sex, homosexuality, atheism, etc.

V. Monty cost me a lot of time, money, and anger. There are just too many issued entangled for a jw to go to a therapist of their own religion. Too much entanglement, even if the therapist is good.

Btw, after being used by a therapist for their own ends - a patient tends to be quite angry for a while. Mine lasted about 3 years, then I took the plunge again. A female worldly therapist who was great. I appreciated her a lot - Jemmee Stewart, in Columbia, SC. A very good therapist - and, god bless her heart, she never scratched (or picked) at her privates.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 23 July 2002 18:21:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit