POLL: New to This Board? Please Sign In Here!!

by Seeker4 14 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

minimus...ex elder...in "truth" forever

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Nice to meet all the newbies. Hope some of you do stick around long enough for us to get to know one another.

Too many seem to just be passing through.

Plum, of the X-elder & anointed,s Brat daughter class

• waiting
    waiting

WELCOME "Y'ALL"!!!!!!!! (that's usa southern for "you guys" - which is yankee (usa northern) for "you people."

These types of threads are invaluable as they let each other know a little about each other. There are several older threads too "Hello? Hello?" (lots of people telling briefly about themselves) and others for us to sign in on. Some are were new at the time.....now older than dirt around here.

I am older than dirt around here, btw. I am a jw woman of 30 yrs (joined at ripe age of 20) - left with my husband, and will NEVER go back......but am considered one of those who "simply cease to be active".

Welcome.

waiting

• Michelleatkin
    Michelleatkin

Michelle, 34 from Lancashire, England. Brought up a witness, pioneered after leaving school at 16 (weren't encouraged to stop on for further education as "no point as the systems is going down" - still waiting and now have a degree, obtained last year, in criminology. (Would be useful if I was still a witness especially for elders). Married at 17 to another witness who was 13 years older!! Had two children by him (God knows how!!), left him at age 25 due to abuse.

Then got disfellowshipped for leaving him and parents, sister, brother -in-law, neice and nephew (who I have never met), aunt, uncle, two cousins all no longer speak to me. Ironical really that father doesn't speak as he has been before more judicial committees than I've had hot dinners!! He was convicted of making obscene phone calls at one point, that is after me leaving home at 16 and 17 because of his abuse towards me. I left at 16 and was then "adviced" to return home on the basis, of "if you want to be forgiven of your sins you must forgive your father", so I did and he continued.

Remarried two years ago and now have a further 3 children.

That just about sums it up really in 3 paragraphs, long version would take a book!!

Nice to meet you all

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

New here...posted my "life story" in another thread. Shortened...disfellowshipped for admitted immorality. Father (who used to be an elder) abused me; elders in his hall said he could stay an elder because the abuse happened before becoming a JW, even though he lied about it for 20 some years. Wasn't until I told them they were no different than Catholics that some of his privileges were taken away. (He had stepped down as an elder on his own; they tried to convince him to remain an elder, since he was such a good one. Yeah, hypocrites make good elders.)

Am just now learning the things that were hidden from me. Very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit