Family love.

by Vivamus 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow. Talk about love and courage.

SS

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Thanks for your nice comments and welcomes!!!

LadyLee, indeed. My family has told me many times since then, how good it was that I was back again. And how good it was that I was beginning to be me again. Being a JW does suppress your own personality....

Dede, your uncle sounds about just as wonderful as mine. Give him a big hug!

Ugg, it's hard, but definitely worth it, it's a "brave new world" out there...

Karen, I find that the new friendships that I am building now, are so much more valuable than the ones in the truth. As JW, you just had to like one and another, based on your religion. Now I have friends who like me, for me. And the worldly friendships I still had, have grown much closer.

Avengers... I accept your apologies, although I must admit, it was the first time anyone ever thought I was a man....

Viv.

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Vivamus!

Your story was truly heart-warming, I wish I'd had a moment like that when I left, when at least one person told me it was OK that I was no longer a Witness - but I had to rely on myself. In the end, I made it.

BTW, your English is really good - is your primary language English or Dutch? Curious minds want to know

Sterkte vir die res van jou dae...

• mommy1
    mommy1

Isn't it wonderful how our "worldly" family members love us and accept us.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

SYN, my primary language is Dutch. I just use a lot of spelling checks and dictionaries for my English...

Yes, my family is great, they were very supportive. Especially the first few weeks, someone would call me every day. I was invited to have dinner, somewhere, every day and so on. They kept me from going crazy at times, and listened when I needed to vent, or cry. I could never thank them enough for that.

I can't imagine what it must be like to leave the Borg, and not have anyone to support you. But I have the deepest respect for you who did.

Viv.

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Hi Vivamus,

Yeah, it was tough, but I managed. I didn't have it nearly as bad as some other posters here though, that's for sure.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

viv,

Thank you very much for your touching and sweet story.

Yes, it is a different world out there - in a good way, though. I, too, feel and have become closer to my non-witness family.

It is nice.

Best wishes,

SunshineToo

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

In 1971 while still a witness I visited the city my disassociated uncle lived. I was 1000 miles away from home and stayed with witnesses. It was convention time.

The day before I caught the train home I called him to say hullo. I could hear the hurt in his voice but tried to ignore it.

After being disfellowshipped in 1985 I made contact with him.....not bringing up that time in 1971 and neither did he. He has never rebuked me for my behaviour. My oldest cousin and I were very close until they left the organization and I am pleased to say that they have welcomed me into their family. Yes the geographical distance is there but we keep in touch.

You couldn't expect that kind of forgiveness in the organization.

Thank you for sharing your story. It truly brought tears to my eye and I too need to make a phone call as well.

Rosalyn

• Margriet
    Margriet

Dear Vivamus,
    You must have a remarkable family with a lot of love in their harts.
    Congratulations, Margriet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit