Family love.

by Vivamus 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hi there,

This is a rather sweet story, and I love telling it. So here it is...

January this year was the time when I decided for sure that I would leave the witnesses. I had made up my mind, had told the elders that my faith had died, and so I had made the ball for my DF rolling. I had not told anyone else about my doubts, not even my mum, who was and still is, a witness. On deciding to enter the real world again, I decided that my first act of disobedience would be to attend my uncle's birthday. January 20th.

I will never forget this. I entered the living room, where a large group of my family members were. And I made an Entrance! The minute I walked in, there just was a silence, eyes were wide open, jaws were slacked. Honestly, I wish I could have taken a picture of that. I stepped up to my uncle, kissed him and said, in a very pronounced voice "Happy Birthday". And then I just sad down, conversations started again, no questions were asked.

A few minutes later, my aunt went into the kitchen to get some snacks, and I followed to help her. In the kitchen she turned to me with question marks in her eyes. And I said, "I am leaving the witnesses". She hugged me, started crying, and so naturally, I started too. A bit later my uncle came in, and I told him the same news. And I also apologised for not having a birthday present for him... He said "You coming back to us, is the best present anyone could have ever given me".

Viv.

• avengers
    avengers

Hi Viv. Glad to see you here. What you did must have taken a lot of courage. Join the ranks of the survivors.

You are the courageous-ones. Congratulations. Say happy birthday to your uncle for me.

In another post I addressed you as a man, I apologise. I thought for a long time that Dungbeetle was a man.

Stupid ol' me.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Viv and WELCOME

Thanks for sharing your experience in leaving the JWs. It's nice to hear a happy story, thanks!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Viv,

Thanks for sharing, and welcome aboard!

We just love those who hail from the Nederlands.

Just beautiful.

Cheers, Ozzie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Very touching!

Thanks and Welcome to the Board, Vivamus!

outnfree

• ugg
    ugg

lots and lots of courage needed......hope to be there myself some day.....

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That's a sweet story, and I loved hearing it.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Welcome Viv .

That was a heart warming story. It happened for me almost the same way, but my first rebellion was a halloween party , at relatives home I hadnt seen in years. I told them I was leaving the JW and they too had tears in their eyes and said they would always support me and I was always welcome in their home.

My dad who is a JW has ignored me for years, even thou we were both active JW's and lived only 45 mins apart .

My uncle, dad's brother , put his arm around me and told me that I was his daughter now, since my dad has discarded me. He said that he would be proud to step up and do things that my dad should be doing, things like getting to know my kids.

Thanks for sharing your story, it is a wonderful feeling to be in the real world, I wouldnt trade it for anything, I am sure you feel the same.

This reminds me, I need to call my uncle, thanks for bringing up this topic.

Hugs LyinEyes(Dede)

• Xena
    Xena

What a wonderful story! Made me realize I should reach out more to my non JW relatives....but it is still difficult to throw off the JW teachings sometimes. Thank you for the encouragement!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh my gosh I have to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Funny how we become the prodigal children when we LEAVE the Borg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit