Would you warn your neighbors if a child molester lived on your street?

by Stealth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

Just found out that someone who lives 4 doors down was convicted of molesting a 4 year old child twice. The second time was after he was arrested and released on bond from the first arrest.

Having two 4 year old children living in my home, I am concerned. My question is, should I notify my neighbors about this pedo on our street?

Would you?

• iwasblind
    iwasblind
    Absolutely yes.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Hell yeah!!!!!! You can do it unanimously.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Nah. Instead why not write a letter to the community suggesting that his extraordinary attention to children is a happifying thing.

**sarcasm**

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Absolutely. Hand out a flyer asking neighbors to check Megan's law or the sex offender list for your neighborhood. They will get the point and watch their children carefully.
  • Stealth
    Stealth
    Thruthseekeriam That is a good suggestion. Not trying to start trouble with neighbors, but I know that I would want to know in a situation like that.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Absolutely. I also would warn a tenant. Even though it is against the law to do so. I make it a point to strongly bring up the website to look at it and investigate, and then keep asking if they looked at it.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    If he's on the sex offender registry, you could pass a flyer around with the web address of the registry and strongly suggest that everyone check their neighborhood. This would probably be better than coming right out and stating that so-and-so is a child molester. Plus they get to see it with their own eyes and it's not just Stealth down the streets word.
  • jws
    jws

I have. I get a letter every year or so notifying me of a guy in the neighborhood. A few blocks away, but still.

I'm not taking chances with my kids. Even though this guy's crime is somewhat dubious. He was about 19 she was 15. Technically statutory rape, but the card sent around doesn't get into details. For all I know, it was a boyfriend/girlfriend thing and her parents found out and decided to prosecute.

In your case, no doubt about it. A 4 year old. As long as this is true, make it known. If it's just a rumor, verify it.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Would you?

Hell yes!!! Plus more!!! The pervert would not live on my street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit