Do Jws really enjoy being Jws?

by haujobbz 18 Replies latest jw friends

• perspicacia2
    perspicacia2

You wrote: <<That's OK if you like it that way, but you have no more answers than anyone else>> I never said that in this thread. I just wrote that who said <<I think the majority just go thru with it because they beleive thats the only way they will be saved>> is just trying to justify his spiritual failure. That's why he's ridicule. And about the apostate-idiot who wrote: <<perhaps you should be at the service meeting instead of here>> first he should ask in which country is the person who is posting to. Perspi

• Preston
    Preston

What drives a JW's joy out in service, enduring long meetings (three days a week mind you), and the being a part of the facist environment of the congregation? Simply that, the endurance of it all. Isn't it a joy for you to complete a task with a measure of difficulty attached to it? Well, Jehovah's Witnesses share that joy also, albeit for an organization that treats them like the floor of a taxi cab. It's the emotional high that they get every week that tells them, 'You're doing a good job, look at what you have done." Somebody posted here not too long ago that you will never hear someone say after a meeting, "Boy I loved that meeting, I wished it would never end!" And that's the point, this is an organization that makes your life difficult, so, try to look for anything to make yourself happy.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

"Heads down!" Oh Pat, that's so funny!!!

• SYN
    SYN

Perspicia2: I'm not into all that "spiritual" stuff at all! Fairies, gnomes etc are not quite my bag, if you get my drift.

Being a Dub was something I hated with a passion, but I was never allowed to say I hated it. That's what sucked the most. Every meeting was a pain, every minute in FS was a pain, every Convention was a COLOSSAL pain, and of course, all the "persecution" was a pain. FEH!

• ISP
    ISP

No way do they like being JWs!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know so many who have tried to escape the normal congregational life by serving in outlying areas, learnt foreign languages such as Urdu or Parsee so they can associate with these congregations, quite a few have gone to Spain! I know one couple that went to China! Most are trying to find a comfortable niche.

Its like a Japanese endurance game! Who can put up with it the longest! You try to make it as easy as you can on yourself.

ISP

• Flip
    Flip

At one time I thought I did.

However, I had not yet accumulated enough life experience to compare with behaving as 'one of Jehovah's Witnesses' by not questioning the self- professed authority of the WTBTS.

Flip

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I was raised a JW and from ages 16-19 I was about as hardcore as you can get. Once my epiphany hit me I realized how unhappy I was with being a JW. I realized not only was I living in a fantasy world but I was in it with some of the most arrogant people on the planet. After that realization every meeting was a torture which I eventually turned into a comedy. I laughed at what these morons actually believed and I saw the Elders for who they were, the WTS own version of the SS.

• LB
    LB

I doubt many are happy. My son is not happy but he's trying to make his wife happy. Sometimes I refer to her as his current wife.

It was a happy time my first year or so but after getting baptized things certainly changed quickly. Suddenly we weren't the new family any longer. We weren't the class favorites. It seems to me that being nice to studies is what witnesses do best.

My first ministry school meeting the weekend after getting baptized I recall a pioneer sister walking up to me and asking me "how do you justify calling yourself a brother when you don't even do parts in the school?".

Yep, things started changing right away.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Years ago at a convention, an elder came to say "hello" to me and my mum. And he put his hand on my mothers arm and said "Isn't this wonderful, the new world will be just like a convention going on forever". My mum just exclaimed "For the love of God! I do hope NOT".

Viv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit