The Meaning of Names....?

by SpiceItUp 57 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

There are some that are obvious and then others that just baffle me to no end....

Yes I am talking about your User names...

Do any of you have stories behind them or are they significant for some reason or are they just a word you made up?

Mine...well its easy...

I got the nickname of Spicy back in Nov of last year when I dyed my hair this crazy red color and the name of the color was "Spiced Ginger". The rest of it is because I love to make things more interesting---- sorta of like adding a bit of spice to the stew (hopefully I come across as that as well )

So lets hear the stories behind your user name.

SpiceItUp

PS---my real name Carol means "song of joy"

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Mine was a nobrainer for me to make up ... zen because I am heavily involved in Taoism, Zen, and Native American Spirituality ... punk because I've dressed like a goth/punk for as long as I remember (even to the Kingdom Hall - no wonder I was avoided like the plague). I too had "spicy hair", but I change the color frequently. Currently it's jet black.

Plus - zen and punk are contradictions, just like the paradoxical person that I am.

• zanex
    zanex

lol...meanin behind names....I alwayz dread these threads...:) I dont REALLY think that I need to 'splain my name...

• dubla
    dubla

my initials, "double A", shortened to dubla........

i know theres a thread on this from awhile back....not sure what the title was, perhaps someone else who remembers could provide a link?

aa

• roybatty
    roybatty

I've always found the character Roy Batty from the book / movie "Blade Runner" to be interesting. There are many hidden religious meanings in the movie as he meets and questions his maker. Sorta like JW's confronting and questioning their "maker", the WT.

Or maybe I'm just a Sci-Fi geek. lol.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

My screenname is very simple although for some reason it tends to confuse individuals who interpret it's meaning incorrectly.

For the record, my username DOES NOT insinuate that I am a "Born-Again Christian". This is NOT the case.

The significance behind my username is that I disassociated myself from the organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses in the Fall of 2001, and I considered that the end of my past life, and the beginning of my new one. Hence, I was "Reborn" in 2002 as a new individual, free from the clutches of the evil of the WTBTS, and capable of independent thought and action outside of the man-made publishing corporation.

Hope this clears matters up for everyone in chat who always thinks im "Born-Again" or something.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Zenpunk----I have always loved your name

Reborn - I actually had your name figured right. I think its because I dont usually think about being born again...never was teached anything about that. So if it makes you feel better...some of us do get your name.

Dubla & Roybatty - thanks for the explanations.

Spice

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I picked "shutterbug" because photography is my only hobby. Wife calls it my addiction.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

My Chinese Zodiac is Fire Dragon. Simple enuff.

-Fire

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

kewl shutterbug

Hey Fire Dragon---what year and what sign...I am also a Fire Dragon---- 1976-Sagittarius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit