THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS THING SOMEBODY TOLD YOU

by minimus 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• minimus
    minimus

What's the most outrageous thing that you were personally told ,while in the organization???

• City Fan
    City Fan

This was outrageous but not addressed to me.

I was on the work with a brother who was completely thick. I dreaded having to work with him. Anyway at one house he started talking about angels. The householder replied that he didn't believe in angels. The brother replied "Well scientists have built huge telescopes now and they can see them!"

Strangely enough we didn't start a bible study at that house.

• Matty
    Matty

Most of the speculation about the resurrection is outrageous. I remember being told that Moses and Joseph and David and Elijah and geezers like them will need updating and educating to the ways of the truth when they come back as they didn't have the full light of God's word. If you are very fortunate you might get to study with them!

Another was when we have fulfilled the edict to "fill the Earth", we might either start populating other planets, or when God is happy with the present population, lose our gender and become androgynous. My tackle would suddenly shrink and disappear overnight, whoa!

• EMTmom
    EMTmom

I'm not sure if this qualifies or not, but I thought it was funny anyway.

My husband worked out of town doing road construction and I at the time had a 2 year old, a 9 month old and was pregnant (AGAIN) and my meeting attendance was less than perfect. I was approached by an Elder who worked 2nd shift and was therefore only at the meetings on Sunday, and was told that I needed to improve my meeting attendance. Being the submissive Sister that I was, I tried really hard to keep my mouth shut but I couldn't. =)

• SYN
    SYN

Being told I couldn't ask questions in the meetings! TALK ABOUT MIND CONTROL!!!!!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

After my first wife abandoned me and my 4 children 18 months old to 11 years old I was told this would not have happened if I had been regular in meeting attendance. What really pisses me off is that to some degree I BELIEVED THEM!!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

We had a talk by a circuit overseer about subliminal messages in music and about messages being heard when the record was played backwards.

One of the younger elders decided that we should all bring our records to his house (because he had a record player that you could turn backwards) and listen to see if we could here anything.

Of course, all you could here was music being played backwards as all of the records were by groups like Abba etc.

So because we couldn't make out anything, what was the elders opinion of what we should do??

Yes, thats right! Destroy them all!! we spent the rest of the night snapping records. My excuse was that I was 13 yrs old at the time, bur I still don't know what the elders excuse was.

• freeman
    freeman

For me, the most outrageous thing anyone has ever said to me is this is a free Bible study, without cost or obligation.

Free? No obligation?

As it turns out the obligations were crushing to say the least and the cost has been so high that Im still paying for it some 25 years later!

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 18 July 2002 14:35:38

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

1. All dinosaurs were herbavores! (pre-flood animals didn't eat meat). I said that the teeth prove that they ate meat. I made the mistake saying that even our teeth are designed to eat meat, and he said "No, they are perfect for eating apples". I should have said Designed for eating apples, like the one from the tree of knowledge of good and bad, but I didn't. I just laughed. Can you imagine a Dinosaur with Teeth 1 foot long biting down on apples....LOL. How about Animals with fangs, like snakes. Long fangs to inject poison into pears so they would fall form the tree easier?

2. The first time I saw my wife pray in front of me for a meal (before I was baptized) she unfolded her napkin and put it on her head. I laughed so hard, and asked her what she was doing. I still thought she was joking until I looked it up for myself.

3. Last days. After quoting Mt 24:36 saying that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows" and then in the next paragraph saying "Alos, after telling of events that would follow the establishment of the Kingdom in the hads of Jesus Christ in 1914..." ARRRGH

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

'Loving counsel' from a long-time elder on the matter of dating in the org:

"Be sure to meet his parents, he could actually be a demon taking on human form. Satan is so crafty, you know."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit