I FEEL so bad!!!!

by SpiceItUp 62 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Carol - The same vet my family has used for the last 20 years over here in Punta Gorda. He always leaves the nuts in tact!

Kisses,

Moe

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Oh my F&*k!!!

I MUST comment on this thread...

It's amazing to me that all of the commentators here who favour leaving an animal intact as they would be in nature, all preface or surface their comments with 'I don't have any animals..' or 'I don't own any animals... or 'I would not commit the egregious crime against nature of owning an animal'..blah, blah, blah..It all translates into: 'I'm too lazy to get off my arse to care for another living, feeling being who needs me, so I'm going to blast those who do care for animals as if they are the ones who are cruel and unjust.' BLAAH!!

For those of you who think that it is wrong to sterilize a domesticated animal (the argument has already been made, and won, by the persons who are owned by their domesticated animals, that these fabulous beasts would not be able to survive on their own....and that they came to US thousands of years ago because it was to our mutual advantage..)....What do you think is better? To let an animal have its hormonal urges to procreate, and yet not be able to....or to remove those urges, so that the animal is content? Have you ever been around a dog or a cat that is fully able to procreate, but its humans will not let it?! It's very, very sad for the poor beast...and in the case of female cats at least, it's lethal.

And if you believe that their procreative powers should not be curbed, have YOU visited animal shelters? Have you seen the number of sweet dogs and cats that have been born to the very "owners" who think that it's natural and normal to let their pets breed unchecked. Then, one of two things happen....either NOONE wants the sweet little babies that have been produced, OR, people take the sweet little babies home and then soon discover that they are NOT sweet little babies after all...they require care, attention, food, love, training, etc....and YES! they also grow into ADULT animals.

Despite the fact that my two black cats, (from different litters), are absolutely gorgeous and I would have loved to have had them have kittens together...I refused to allow them to because I couldn't bear the thought of some irresponsible human taking the babies home and once they had outgrown the "cute" phase, getting rid of them via whatever method....there are many...

There is nothing that makes me more righteously angry than the abuse of animals. But to be accused of such because I am preventing unwanted baby animals from being born AND I am keeping my own darlings free of desires that they could not fulfill.....well, that infuriates me!

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Sigh...talk about a "bag" of worms!

I'm not even going to TOUCH this post with my 10 foot pole because I will just get people needlessly excited.

You make some valid and NOT so valid points, Kaethra, and I will leave it at that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit