And when I'm dead...dead and gone....

by hillary_step 37 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Hi Hillary, I read your comments and asked my wife the same question. Like you, I got mixed results. She did ponder the question. The positives were generally modified with a disclaimer, such as, you are kind, for the most part. The negatives had no modifiers or qualifiers, as in, you are self centered. Oh well, such is life. We are still married after 38 years. Was my wife's description accurate? Yes, but I don't want to ask her again, because I don't want to know any more detail. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Larc....lol,

It is a real eye-opener to see your life with its may-faceted struggles, its peaks and troughs of creativity and anxiety all summed up so succinctly and with such depressing honesty.

Can only women do this?.....lol

HS

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

they would say:

"she was anne of green gables. except she had dark hair."

• Farkel
    Farkel

HS,

: An eccentric but loyal loner who had more respect for music than for most people that he met

Ah! A man after my own heart!

With regards to what people will have to say when I die, I don't need to categorize them, as they'll all pretty much say the same thing:

"What-in-the-hell took him so long, anyway?"

Farkel

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

They'll be one child born...in this world...to carry on to carry on

• larc
    larc

Hilary, you ask, can only women do this? I would say that guys can do it at the pub, if they have had enough to drink. The difference is, at the pub, there will either be fisticuffs or hugs. At home it will just be a slow burn.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

JW's will say,,, to bad she died without the paradise hope.

My dad (also JW) will say......... who died? Oh yeah my daughter, what's her name? I wont be able to make the funeral, I have to get my time in, take someone a meal, build a khall, and it might not fit into my new wife's timeframe, will someone tell her I love her? Bullshit head...... I swear it would go down, no joke.

My inlaws--- we get the kids, we get the kids, don't worry we will take care of them .(Thank God someone would take em)

Hubby- would probably have to be sedated, hopefully a good friend would take over and get him a beer. He would say that he lost his best friend and soulmate. God if you are out there, why?

My kids------would say ... she was crazy, but she loved to laugh , we had alot of good times, some bad times too, but she loved taking pictures, and writing in her journal, we will remember the good times. She always said she loved taking a good long nap,,,, I hope she is right about seeing each other again on the other side. Mama if you can hear me, ,, ,, I miss you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Interesting timing on your post Hillary. Today, a friend I work with told me of hearing a therapist words which had chilled him to the bone, "you have spent your life loving stuff and using people. It's supposed to be the other way around."

My family will say, "why couldn't he have been more like Laura Nyro?".

• teejay
    teejay

Cool thread and many cool (funny) posts. Sorry I missed it. Better late than never. I liked what your wife said, Hillary.

Those that knew me are likely to say that he liked music more than most of the people he met; was a tad cynical; honestly spoke his mind; went his own way; was crazy about his daughter.

Those that didn't know me will say, "that was one weird dude."

• teejay
    teejay

btw, another Laura Nyro hit was Fifth Dimension's Stone Soul Picnic. The words don't mean much but the song reminds me of when I was a kid. Finished the year (1968) at #16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit