Kitten Burnt on Hot Coals (Serious)

by SYN 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

JT: Couldn't agree more!

I've also seen some horrifying things about the way animals are killed in abbatoirs across the globe. It is simply, inexcusably cruel.

But, I like meat.

Now I have an internal conflict - if I stop eating the meat, will it make the animal that died for it feel any better? Can I stop the meat-making machine? No, I can't. But I still don't eat terribly much of the stuff if I can avoid it anyway.

SYN, who is yearning for the day when all meat will be cloned at the cellular level so that a cut of steak will never have been alive to start with but taste just as good.

• JT
    JT

I understand what you are saying, but i personallly see a difference

i grew up on a farm and we killed hogs, chickens and cows for meat, the difference was it was not for fun the fun or amusment , in fact if you killed the very same animal for the hell of it --you could be arrested.

if a person is hungry and there is a hog to kill for meat i see no problem, but for a group of teens to go and find a pig and tie it down alive and get a blow torch out of the barn and burn the pig to death just for the hell of it, in my view that is not the same

just my 2

i raised the issue of god due to how often believer invoke GOD IS LOVE, yet we see folks all over for the most part who don't find the roasting of the kitten a joke or funny, and why well in my view it is because they care, for most of us who hear of such things there is NOTHING WE CAN DO esp if we live half way around the world, yet the god of believers is "suppose" to be able to do something

i guess he is always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to helping out folks

james

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

JT- that is my point exactly, if kill it you should do so for food, not fun.

SYN. I also have a conflict about this, it is hard to cut up a chicken to fry, and it does bother me that I eat meat and an animal died for me to eat it. I could choose to give it up, but I love steaks and friend chicken, pork chops etc.

BTW I feel very sad each and everytime I go eat crawfish , it has bothered my conscience, I feel pity for them , but still I eat 'em. I am a barbarian.

• Preston
    Preston

If this happened to my cat, I can assure you that this man would be pissing blood for the rest of his life.

• ISP
    ISP

I don't think the guy will be feeling too pleased with himself now.The bravado will have evaporated and hopefully the guy recognises what an ass hole he is. A nice stretch in prison might be good for him. Even if it was for 6 months it would be enough for him to lose his job, maybe have one or two unpleasant encounters inside. Either way it will turn out to be a costly barbeque.

ISP

• Solace
    Solace

Oh my God! That poor little kitten...

My husband is an avid hunter and I cant bring myself to eat any of it. I will never understand how he can look into the eyes of a beautiful deer only to shoot, gut, skin, package and eat it. He grew up hunting with his father and they do enjoy it. Once when we were driving, a partridge flew into our car so he pulled over. I thought he was going to check on it and instead I saw him stomping on its neck as it made the most awful screaching noises. He brought it back to the car and threw it into the trunk like it was no big deal. I had no idea he was even capable of that, it seemed so violent. I was like "Uhhhh, what the hell was that, and why are we taking it home, to bury it?" He goes, "Hell no, these are great eating". We got home and he plucked, gutted, packaged it up and into the freezer it went. It was slightly repulsive, I must say. I threw it in the garbage when he wasnt home because I couldnt stand the sight of it and the thought of smelling it while it was cooking made me ill.

• julien
    julien

Jeez just send him to prison and let Bubba "take care" of him..

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

James,

So what should God do with the kitten torturer? Perform a mini-Armageddon?

• Derrick
    Derrick

This is one of the many things happening today that shows how many people, like those who tortured this little kitten, are really dead inside.

Makes the concept of these people being put to death at Armageddon so appealing. Thankfully God has the ability to make it right in the end, and hopefully redeem at least some of those people involved. My feelings upon reading this, and I will not apologize for these feelings, is that they deserve more than castration (as one post replied). Rather, I believe anyone who participated or was a jeering spectator at such an event should be put to death, or at the very least spend decades in prison. Unfortunately we live in a world where life has little value and so the perpetrator got a slap on the wrist, and the spectators weren't even pursued.

No "mini-Armageddons"! Thankfully God's merciful and the perpetrators will receive mercy, for according to the Bible all will receive the opportunity to turn against evil. This is really sad, to the point where at first I wondered if the article is fake. I'm sorry I clicked on this post because I don't like the feelings it invokes.

Derrick

Edited by - Derrick on 17 July 2002 21:58:40

Edited by - Derrick on 17 July 2002 22:1:23

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Julien,

Amen to that.

FreeFallin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit