Kitten Burnt on Hot Coals (Serious)

by SYN 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

This is the most discussing act I've heard of in a long time. How a whole group of people could condone such behavior is unbelievable. I wonder if they were going to eat the cat because some cultures do eat cats and dogs.

Hmm..I have a question for all you meat eaters on this thread. How is this different from boiling lobsters live?

• SYN
    SYN

Somebody should roast his throat so badly over coals that he can't even swallow.

• Alana
    Alana

I was sooooooo upset when I read this story online yesterday. It just haunted me all evening....and then it was on the nightly news and it upset me again.

I have absolutely no love of fellow man for someone who can be so sadistic and cruel to an innocent creature like that.......and I try hard to do that "love your enemies" stuff, but I just can't do it when things like this are involved. I have no tolerance for people who are so evil & cruel to animals like that, or those child snatchers, or people who prey on the elderly or infirmed.

Personally, I think they should either place him on a BBQ grill, poke him with sticks, and taunt him until he roasts --- OR --- slowly peel off all his skin and drop him in a vat of boiling oil. But, that's just my thoughts...........

If anyone hears of where to send a letter to tell that judge to throw the book at him, let me know and I'll be more than happy to write my thoughts.

Edited by - Alana on 17 July 2002 15:56:11

• seawolf
    seawolf

I can't say this article surprises me that much. Here where I live (midwestern United States...next to Missouri) they shoot/kill/ram/hit/smash/torture/drown/electricute--you name it--just about anything they can. I've saved I don't know how many turtles from the road before they met a near certain death. In fact, while trying to save several of them they were ran over and smashed right in front of me on purpose. I know several people that speed up and hit anything that they can with their cars. I hear speed is inverse to IQs with people like this. In fact, the small town I live in made national news 2-3 years ago when a dog was tied to the bumper of a pickup truck and dragged all over town. The police arrested the bastards.

It's kinda summed up by a person I know that works for the SPCA and recently moved to where I live from California. She said she was "shocked" when she moved here in terms of "they kill anything that moves."

Hope this wasn't a thread hijack. Just giving my thoughts upon reading the article. Hopefully the people that did that will get what they have coming to them. It sure as hell won't be as bad as what I'd do to them and a crapload of other animal abusers.

seawolf

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am not sure if Imbue is asking a serious question on the boiling of lobsters.

But if you are Imbue, I think there is a big difference.

The point of what these guys did was for the pleasure , the fun, the sick laugh of hurting this little kitty. They were not going to eat it, as you know.

I dont know believe in killing for sport either. I think that if you kill something , unless it is self defensive of course, you should eat it. I live in the south and from very only young boys are taught how to go huntin with the men. Most of everyone I know who does this, actually do eat what the kill. You have to teach your children that to kill an animal for the fun of it is wrong. It is even hard for the young ones when they first kill an animal, even knowing that that deer will put meat on the table for the winter.

I can't speak for eveyone, but in the south hunting and fishing are common place here. Alot of folks even depend on hunting and fishing as a to feed the family. I often wonder if how they can do it, I have trouble putting a worm on a hook because I know it hurts the worm. But I am such an animal lover I can't go hunting in the woods, unless I had to. It would mean absolutly do it or starve.

I prefer to let someone eles do the killing , and I will just pick the meat up at the grocery store. Everytime I eat a hamburger or fried chicken, I do not forget that that was a living creature at one time. It bothered me at one time I thought of giving up meat. That didnt last long thou.

So boiling crawfish or lobsters is no different from the slaughter house, and in fact may be a quicker death, as I have seen some of the horrible ways the kill cattle. I wont go into detail, but it is a shocker.

But lets remember the issue here, these guys did this for FUN.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No need to torture the man, just put a bullet in his head, and only that for the beautiful messege it would send.

I do think trying to nurse the kitten to live was a bit cruel as well. But who knows, maybe she thought it had a soul.

About the lobster; I plead the fifth.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Were there two witnesses to the act? If not, he can probably still serve as an elder...

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

It's funny how we can have a lobster boiled alive simply because we are hungry, but not even consider our forcing that once living creature into a pot of boiling water, cruel. I see that all or most of the posters on this thread are outraged when a man for amusement, sick as it is, does something like this to a creature that may be cute or possibly gamey to others standards, but think nothing of having coldcuts in their fridge, leather shoes, or the odd burger.

You may argue, well, "that creature was killed in a humane manner for my needs and wants, and well, it wasn't cute or cuddly to begin with".

What the fuck!?

While I am not passing judgement on anybody (being of the guilty party) I do think it's very wrong to force ones will upon another simply because we can. Shit, I'm going vegan.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

...and I do apologize in regards to my potty keyboard.

• JT
    JT

Could someone tell me why it is too much to expect the god of the bible to do something when he has seen millions suffer like this and worst.

when i read post of folks who are outraged at the mere thought of someone roasting a cat, including myself, why can't the god of the bible feel that way about seeing makind roasted with pain and suffering for what about a few 1000 yrs now.

i guess it is just to much to ask god to do what this lady did, step in and do something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit