Why do Jws use id badges at assemblys?

by haujobbz 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

~~~~~~~~Is it something to do with showing off our religious belief to outsiders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought that was why christians wore Crosses....hmmmm

• Matty
    Matty

Even when I was a staunch witness I would never wear a geeky badge outside the Assembly grounds!

• Mary
    Mary

You wear them to count time. After all, it's a form of "witnessing" to people!!!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

becuase "i'm with stupid" t shirts are too expensive

• detective
    detective

LOL @ Mike Musto

I bumped into some badge-wearing, bad-suit clad kids going into a grocery store a couple of weeks ago. They were followed by a sedate, sensible-shoes mother in a floral dress and a father that had a frothing, conservative, impotent little zealot type of air about him.
    Sadly, I didn't get close enough to read the badges but I suspect they would've smelled the sin on me and scattered into the underbrush if I had drawn too near to 'em.

Oh well.

Edited by - detective on 17 July 2002 13:12:24

• City Fan
    City Fan

Name badges are very useful when chatting up sisters. You can look on her badge and see which congregation she's from and then judge whether it's going to be worth the drive to go and see her.

The name badge is also usually in a very good place for checking out other 'essentials'.

• Simon
    Simon

You mean outher people knew that trick too?! Maybe it's a Mancunian thing ...

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

I've always taken offense to the JW's command to wear their ID badge at all times while in the convention city, at the hotel, and when eating out. Every other convention I've ever attended (non-JW) has ALWAYS recommended to take your badge ID off when leaving the convention center. Crooks see your badge and know you're an out-of-towner, leaving you more susceptible to robbery or attack. If the WTS really cared about their slaves, they would think more about their SAFETY and not so much being a walking advertisement for their ASSembly.

• Scully
    Scully

It's so the convention paedophiles can call children by their first names before groping them.

Love, Scully

• joenobody
    joenobody

I agree - it was great for getting more info on those hot young sisters. You could figure out where they were from, their name etc and get the lo-down on them. Ahh - the best part of conventions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit