For the new ones to this site....

by Mimilly 39 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I would also like to extend a very big WELCOME to new posters here.

Yes, this place can get quite rowdy sometimes, but it is also a very loving a supportive place to share experiences and just plain vent. Many people here a very angry about what the Borg has done to their families and their own lives. And because of the continued abuses and constant flip-flops by the society, it never quite goes away.

I've been here a year and lurked for a few months before hand. I gotten to know some really interesting and very caring people. We are our own little global community. Yes, we disagree with each other. Sometimes very heatedly. I've been involved in some of those types of threads. If you find yourself in the middle of one of those types of discussions, don't get chased off. Keep your head and stick to the topic. And if someone uses a cuss word, don't freak out.

The term "Dub" is "slang" for JW, you know, JAY DUBYA. Also, the term "Borg", instead of Org(Organization) is used to refer to the WTS. If one watches Star Trek, The Next Generation, they have heard of this and understand why it is such a fitting term.

Stick around. But, be warned! This place is addictive!

Andee

• Mulan
    Mulan

To Been There: Thanks for asking about Mom. She has settled down, and is staying put. It's a 'fun' ride, dealing with her.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed
    There is alot of humor and sarcasm here

There is? Glad to be aboard!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Beautiful Garbage,

Can you tell us how you came up with your name?? Your picture says you are very beautiful, but I don't think you are garbage. Shutterbug

• invisible
    invisible

Aye, like to extend my greetings to the lot of you too. Can be a right cantankerous old sod at times as quite a few here will testify, however, inside is a heart of gold that has much concern for many of you. Welcome, and I hope you find your stay here a memorable one.

Also posted under the username of 'Celtic' until I behaved inappropriately to some degree (arguable depending on perspective), if you wish to check the history of my posts for whatever reason.

To 'Lamia', whereabouts in the UK are you? Did you know there is a bbq this weekend coming at Weston Super Mare in Somerset courtesy of poster 'Englishman'. I'm driving up or maybe hitch hiking from West Cornwall if you would like company and/or lift en route.

Welcome again!!

Mark 'Celty'

http://www.can-online.org.uk

Edited for grammatical error

Edited by - invisible on 17 July 2002 11:57:2

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Thanks for the welcome. When you are new and there are so many people that frequent this board, you feel like no one even notices anything you say. Rarely does anyone comment on what you say. SO THANKS!!! Nice to know someone noticed the new ones.

Leslie

• Simon
    Simon

Don't worry ... everyone thinks that people don't read or answer their threads but they do. Angharad (my missus) thought she was the "thread killer" 'cause after she posted on a topic it died a death.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

LOL Simon! And I thought that *I* was a thread killer. I nearly started a thread on the subject, but I was too afraid that nobody would respond.

Shutterbug,

My name comes from a song on a favorite CD of mine. Hole's Celebrity Skin. I just like the oxymoronish sound of it. I used to have Courtney Loves pic in my profile because I wanted to stop giving the impression that my Username (my third, BTW, Sorry Simon) was picked on the basis of what I look like. However, I must say, "Trashy" would be an apt description when I get up in the morning.

Also, I love art, especially sculptures, that are made out of discarded items. I am in awe of those that can take something that nobody wants, have a vision, and make it into something inspiring. Literally, Beautiful Garbage.

Plus, I used to manage a recycling plant. So, garbage literally paid my bills.

And last, but not, least. I am completely taken back by some of the people in this forum. Especially, those born and raised in the WTS. So many were given a life of Garbage, and upon leaving they were able to make it into a thing of beauty. These people touched my heart in ways that have changed me forever.

Andee

BTW: Thank you for the compliment. Nice to know the girl still had it at 39 (I'm 40 now).

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((Mimilly)))) Thank you for the welcome! When I am not posting and away from here, you are one of the people I think about! I mean it...maybe it was something you said to me or to someone, but I agree, you have a big heart and I am so happy to meet you!

Love,
    Dottie

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Thanks for the welcome :)

~Bugs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit