re: Taking a balanced view of the allegations?

by Visionary Man 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

2.) The society clearly (as you even admit with their 'bible based' pedophile policy) has misinterpreted bible scripture before (Example: At one time, getting an organ transplant was cannibalism -- now it's not; another example - their bible based interpretation of Generation has recently changed) so how can you claim that the organization is needed in obtaining the 'neccesary information about Christ'? -- More over, if you think for yourself, is there anything else you disagree with on the organization? Do you agree with all their doctrines and policies? Some of them are wrong, you know.. After all, they do not have 'all the light'.. Can you give me just one doctrine that the organization has that they have stated there is no need for new light on? (I.E. Absolute truth about Christ)?

Another key misinterpretation they have made is the "sheep and the goats" understanding. While all of "Christendom" KNEW for CERTAIN for 2000 years that they were not the ones who were going to separate the sheep from the goats, but rather that the job belonged to Christ, the Watchtower presumptuously taught as TRUTH that the job was being done by JWs.

I still remember the ruluctance with which this "new light" was received. There it was in black and white from the Society in a Watchtower and STILL you had die-hard JWs arguing to the contrary. They so badly wanted to hold onto the erroneous "truth" they had been fed for so long.

Another point I want to make is that of the "great apostasy" creeping in after the first century. A simple exercise of READING other literature on early Christianity than what the Watchtower Society has printed, will reveal that is an impossibility:

1) The Christians who died in the first three centuries did not have a complete bible. There was NO canon formed at this time. There is an abundance of early Christian literature (i.e., Justin Martyr) that shows that these early Christians believed in the Divinity of Christ. Evidence in the catacombs shows they believed in the immortal soul and that Christ died on a cross. How can anyone make the claim that these Christians were apostates? That is what the WTS is actually saying, "The early Christian martyrs were all apostates because they didn't believe what WE teach."

2) The doctrines which are supposedly "apostate" (i.e., the Trinity et al) were formulated BEFORE the bible canon.

3) The men who formulated the canon were also the ones responsible for forumulating the Trinity doctrine

Bottom line: If they were apostate, how do you know they picked the right books? Maybe they picked the wrong books. Why do you take their word for it with regard to your bible? Why doesn't the only NON-APOSTATE Christian sect in the world (The WTS) create their own canon rather than take the canon of apostates?

• Rosco
    Rosco

What a great Board. Visionary Man ,great people here. If you open your mind , as the WTS DOES NOT want you to, you will Learn the real Truth. You are here, the doubt is planted, you will seek you will find. You are welcomed here.

• jack2
    jack2

blue, you've made some very interesting points! Being a jw for so long, I always took for granted that the great apostasy set in just as the wts has taught, but I may need to re-examine that issue. thanks!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I still reserve judgment on all of those issues. I got baptised because I could not prove thier motives otherwise.

Hello and welcome aboard.

Your above coment was the only real "red flag" that popped out at me.

Can you inderstand why?

plum

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Jack, no problem. We are all helped by other people. Actually, my same reasoning can be applied to the bible thumping fundies and many other sects who use the "great apostasy" excuse.

If you want, feel free to email me and I can give you some websites to check out and some titles of books.

Also, if you come across anything in your research you think I would like, please feel free to share.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

If you are such a devout JW as you claim to be then why are you visiting an "apostate" sight such as this?

• ugg
    ugg

visionary man:::::: you stated that YOU DON'T BELIEVE THE SOCIETY IS DIVINELY INSPIRED!!!!

i have been "in the truth" for 30 years.....my husband of 30 years is a SPIRITED appointed ELDER!!!

the field service is GUIDED AND DIRECTED by the angels and gods holy SPIRIT!!!!! the watchtower

and awake magazine printed and guided by gods holy SPIRIT.....the governing body,,,,,heavenly

partakers,,,,are chosen by gods holy SPIRIT,,,,,,,commitee meetings,,,,return visits,,,,disfellowshippings ,,,,,reproofs....ect ect.....all started with opening prayer and gods

HOLY SPIRIT.....(excuse my spacing,,,,,i am computer dumb,,,and don't know how to fix it)

i don't mean to sound harsh,,,,,,i am NOT disfellowshipped or disassociated.....but have been in

"IN HIDING" for a year.....very long sad story.....i chose death....spiritual death....i no longer

care....yes,,,my husband is still SPIRIT APPOINTED.....( regardless of the fact that he cannot

pray with out an audience,,,and never could) ok,,,,i am tired and venting some...the reasoning::::

say anything bad about an elder and reap the consequences....GO TO THE HALL,,,,TELL EVERY

ONE THERE THAT YOU FEEL THE ORGANIZATON IS NOT" DIVINELY INSPIRED" if you are

in the RIGHT HALL,,,,,,you will know where we are coming from.....EVERY congregation has a

personality.....some passive,,,some so strick you can't breathe....which is why i stated the

"RIGHT" HALL.....all of this spirit at work,,,.......yet so many shed tears and destroyed lives....

SAD SAD SAD SAD..........AGAIN,,,,i did not mean to come across harshly,,,,,just venting

and hurting so much inside......thank you......please understand.....

• Visionary Man
    Visionary Man

plmkrzy,

Not not quite sure what you mean. Expand...

Visionary Man

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Ugg,

Straight to the point and exactly right. Couldn't have put it better myself.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

What ugg is trying to point out to you is that although the society, lately, have said that they are not "Divinely Inspired" they do not hide the fact to the rank and file JW that all they say and do is "Spirit appointed".

Take an example. An elder is "Spirit Appointed" to lead and look after the flock in the congregation. After a few years it comes out that BEFORE he became an elder he was abusing children. (My former cong.)

So was he "Spirit Appointed" meaning Jehovah doesn't mind child-abusers being elders OR is the fact that an elder is "spirit Appointed" just a phrase used to keep the rank and file (especially women) from questioning their authority.

The more you look at the society from an outside view the harder it is to think that you believed them all this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit