More David Letterman

by William Penwell 12 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hey make sure you catch David Letterman again tonight In his monologue referng to JW's he said something like: "apparently, what they do is they grope you, then hand you a pamphlet" According to a friend that just watched it he made 2 comments about the JW's Did any one else see it and if so what did he say?

Will

• mr party
    mr party

west coast. i'v always liked that david dude.i'l be watching,thanks

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well I missed it again! Darn! I guess I will have to listen to his monologue tomorrow when they get it on line!

Day late and a dollar short again!!!

Golden Girl

Just heard the one from last night! Funny!

He said he just heard there was a sex scandl involving Jehovah's Witnesses...He hoped it wasn't true, because everyone will start avoiding Jehovah's Witnesses.(.then everyone laughed!)

Edited by - Golden Girl on 17 July 2002 2:8:6

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Aren't you tired of the religious sex abuse scandals? First it was the Catholics and now the Jehovah's Witnesss. This is really weird. It's crazy I tell you... Here's what happens: They approach you, they grope you, and then they leave you a pamphlet. [ Applause ] And so the Jehovah's Witnesses are in a lot of trouble. Today, though, they went to court, but nobody would answer the door. [ Laughter ] That's the problem. Wouldn't answer the door. But the Witnesses left, of course, a pamphlet.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Here's the transcript of David Letterman's monologue about the JW.

" I don't know but are you like me and getting tired of these religious sex abuse scandals? First it was the Catholics, now its the Jehovah's Witnesses. This is really weird. The Jehovah's Witnesses, its crazy. Here's what happens, they will grope you and then leave you a pamphlet." (Laughter and Applause) So the Jehovah's Witnesses are in a lot of trouble and they went to court today. The first day the Jehovah's Witnesses went to court and no one would answer the door. Thats the problem they wouldnt answer the door, to get a pamphlet." (More laughter)

Will

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/#

I took this off of the web link and so the last sentence was not very clear. Thats why the difference between mine and silentlambs.

Edited by - William Penwell on 17 July 2002 3:45:33

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

This is great news.

I again would like to thank all who wrote Emails to Letterman on Tuesday to keep this going.

I am going to send Letterman another one today.

hawk

• sunflowers30
    sunflowers30

The audience laughed and clapped quite a bit on this joke. In fact, he ended

the monologue with this and went straight to his music. HeHeHe, I bet

the Witnesses were squirming on this one. HAHA Get em Letterman!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, I just sent this Email off to Letterman to try and squeeze another night out of him.

I urge others to do the same.

I have focused on the door to door issue today.

hawk

July 17, 2002

Again, please thank Mr. Letterman and the writing team for doing another piece to alert the public on the Jehovahs Witness child abuse cover up scandal.

On May 28, 2002 Dateline NBC showed a JW and convicted child rapist by the name of Mr. Clement Pandello of New Jersey.

Datelines video showed the one issue that I think ALL Americans should be aware of. That is, the JW leadership requires Child rapists who are also JWs to knock on the public's door. The leadership officially admits to allowing a known predator to knock on the publics door, but suggests that these sickos are accompanied by a 2nd JW when they door knock.

What the JW leadership wont tell you is that the accompanied 2nd person is untrained to deal with cunning child rapists nor is the public told a predator is in the neighborhood. How would you have liked to been the homeowner who met Mr. Pandello at the door in the Dateline video?

Now, keep in mind JWs knock on everyones door at least twice a year. That means everyone in the USA comes in contact with the JWs (unlike the Catholic priest scandal that was kept inhouse). To think that a leadership would allow a "cunning" child rapist (with/without an untrained partner) to observe 1,000s of homes without their knowledge is an absolute terror. I would suspect many American viewers to the Letterman show would think the same.

Again thank you for alerting the public and helping the 23,720 innocent little children who were abused recognize they are not alone. Please feel free to continue doing further pieces. The more the public becomes aware, the more outrage and the better chance we can protect the kids.

Yours truly,

xxxxxxx

p.s. - A transcript of the Dateline show is found at http://www.silentlambs.org

• TheStar
    TheStar

I just heard it on the website: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/

Thanks William! You guys have to hear it. Letterman's delivery is just hilarious!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well I have done some searching on TV ratings through my search engine.

I don't have up to date figures but from what I can see, Letterman gets about 4 to 5 million viewers a night.

That means a lot more people have now heard about the abuse. Interesting enough. Younger people watch Letterman and older people watch Leno. I suspect Letterman's younger crowd would not have watched Dateline for the most part. So we seemed to have connected big time with a brand new audience.

I will see if I can send an Email to Leno to share the wealth. Hold on.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit