I want serious answers from WT leaders, possible?

by Powermetal4ever 26 Replies latest jw friends

• TimDrake1914
    TimDrake1914

From my experience, if you sound sincere about your question, and it's written in a way where you don't sound as if you are an apostate, they will reply to your letter and send you a personalized letter back with the best answer they can give to your question. It may not be the answer you want, just the answer they can give. They have standardized responses for most inquiries, but they will also try and address any specifics your initial letter may have asked. If they can't answer something specific about your letter, they will just ignore the question or specific issue raised.

However, as others also stated, if you include your personal information, such as your name and congregation, they will also send a copy of their reply to your BOE. This isn't always done to "rat you out" with malicious intent, necessarily. The main motivation is so that they are aware of whatever inquiries you might have, since they are supposed to be the first people you direct questions to, since the branch does get quite a lot inquiries every year from individuals. So basically, they rather you ask the elders your questions first so they don't get swamped with unnecessary inquiries from individuals. Plus, they really do think elders should take care of their own congregation members, and will therefore keep them in the loop anytime an individual sends in a question that they feel should have been directed to the elders first. In addition, if you do ask a question that the elders can't answer, they prefer that the elders send in the inquiry to help cut down on individuals sending in personal inquiries.

As to whether or not the elders would address their response with you, it would probably depend on the nature of the inquiry, and whether or not they feel they should get involved. If the inquiry was about something that was not important, I doubt the elders would even address the response with you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    sir82 - You can be disfellowshipped for anything that 3 elders agree on.
    They can write whatever they like on the form that is sent to Bethel.
    If you count on mercy from anyone involved in this organization, sooner or later you will be burned.

Here, here!

They have a get out of jail free card in the skin the Flock book(tm)...can't recall what it is...something to do with conduct...from memory. Brazen...yeah, that was it.

• naazira
    naazira
    If your address is provided they'd mail you the latest tracts called "Don't Ask Us Questions" and "The Guide to Waiting on Jehovah".
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    You might as well poke your eye out with a blunt stick.
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Jehovah's Witnesses Elders try to talk to the Governing Body about Ray Franz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwigZN6OOMc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Powermetal4ever - "I want serious answers from WT leaders, possible?"

Sure.

If, by the word "possible", you mean "comparable to the odds of having a threesome with Pamela Anderson and Carmen Electra".

• Rogueunit
    Rogueunit

I was just thinking of an amusing prank:

Send in questions on behalf of a particularly loathsome elder in your old congo to the governing body.

i.e. " Dear Governing body, are the Millions refered to in 'Millions now living will never die' still alive? I have a bible study who insists this is a failure of prophesy as the millions have died- how should I answer this?!"

Any ideas on how this could be done to cause maximum effect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit