JWs are RIGHT and worldlings are LIARS

by haujobbz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

This honestly seem to be message im getting from most JWs.Think about it whats more important the source or the information ie:Say for instance i was an ex JW and told a witness who new me there house was on fire would they believe me, or label me as being unspiritual and liar.They seem to think that the watchtower society is jehovah, if he tells them to jump its matter of how high?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Why do you think I keep my apostate leanings hidden? If my parents knew that my innocent questions and curiosity wasn't so innocent they would possibly toss me out of their house and never speak to me again. My hope is by being passive and just talking to them about things they will start thinking for themselves and start looking at things instead of not touching anything that is "wordly" or "apostate"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

That is why the WT is a cult.

Yes and i agree with the way you are handling your parents to, joannadandy.. What good would it do if they quite talking to you altogether? Keep up the good work and then one day if we all do this, the WT will start to lose their control over the membership. We can only hope.

Will

Edited by - William Penwell on 16 July 2002 14:27:45

• larc
    larc

Joann, you are one smart cookie. I think your approach is the only way to play it. That is the approach that worked for Amazing, and for Peter Gregorson.

• jack2
    jack2

Yes, Joanna's approach seems to be the best way to go at this point, and from what I can tell, it's the same approach taken by quite a few on this board. It's sad too, because rational discussion based strictly on available evidence almost can never be had with many jws. They're conditioned to slapping that label on any who dare seriously question the teachings and or actions of the .Org

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Trust does have to gained,well why is it that all jws think the watchtower can be trusted when their record of speaking truth is far from trustworthy.The blind do certainly lead the blind

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's becoming nightmarish..... head for the door once they begin to pass around the Kool-Aid!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hau-

think the watchtower can be trusted when their record of speaking truth is far from trustworthy

I think this is because of the way most people enter the borg. Like my parents and many others, they were at a weak moment, fed up with their previous religion, or unaware of any religion. They get sucked in, plus the Borg tells them that they are the only ones who can answer their questions, who have an accurate understanding etc. Plus the Borg is really good about isolating their people, and telling them only what they need to hear. If you take any group of people lock them in a cement building and then create your own newscasts, polls, "facts" and figures they will believe whatever you tell them. They have no frame of reference, and believe that those giving them the news have no reason to lie, and that they even have their best interests at heart.

You spend so much time in the Borg and eventually their thinking becomes second nature. My parents can quote you any scripture that the borg has used for the past 30 years to back a doctrine. Heck the answer they give you when you ask "why" might even read just like a WT publication if you were to transcribe it. During their rough time they clung to the "truth" as a rock. And the people can be sweet and supportive at first. It sucks you in.

In my parents case, my sister died at a very young age. I honestly believe they cling to the borg because they want to be reunited with her, and they don't want her to wake up in the resurection without them, so they have to be the very best witnesses they can be to be there for her. Church Rehetoric always sounds so good to those who need comforting, have had a loss, or want hope. It's hard to let that go.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Very nicely worded Joanna....

and in the tune of a favorite artist....lets hear in for Joplin..

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose

Nothin', I mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free"

Spice

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I dunno...I tried the reasonable, "safe" approach for awhile with my family but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore. Getting out completely gave me the freedom to be who I am, without hiding and walking on eggshells around my JW family. I think each individual has to decide what is in their own best interests and act accordingly. I've heard some great success stories from those who took the soft approach and were able to bring family members out with them. I've also heard the other side of the coin. It's very stressful trying to hide what you really think and feel for any length of time, especially from those closest to you. But hey! my sister was the last person in the world I ever thought would leave the JW's and I think now she's a bigger "apostate" than I am! LOL So you just never know....

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit