Salt Lake City check in

by tdogg 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• tdogg
    tdogg

FArkel! Cyprus high checking in here you Granger Lancer pig-dog. Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries. Now I truly understand your pain. Did you hang out at the Valley Fair Mall?

There are lots of cool places to get a pint, or a drink, or whatever here in Salt Lake. I however am beyond the go-to-the-bar phase of my life and well into the stay-home-with-kids-and-wife phase. Boring I know, but far less painfull in the morning.

• Farkel
    Farkel

t,

: Cyprus high checking in here you Granger Lancer pig-dog. Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries. Now I truly understand your pain. Did you hang out at the Valley Fair Mall?

The big "Lancer" that graced or still graces my High School in the lawn in front of it was our senior high-school gift.

The only mall we had back then was the "Granger Mall." I lived at 3344 South 3200 West, Granger, Utah. I lived by 35th South and 32nd West. I used to take the "Lewis Stages" bus downtown for my piano lessons and to see Maurice Abravannel direct the Utah Symphony. I've been to that wonderful Mormon Tabernacle a zillion times to see music concerts. Even saw Henry Mancini there!

I was secretly in love with a dub girl on Redwood Road, not far from where I lived. Her father had a mink ranch. I helped build the Granger Kingdom Hall. Dick Kelly was the Congregational Overseer and a man by the name of Charlie DeLullo married me and my dub bride in that Hall on September 9, 1967.

Everyone hated Granger High. It was the high school known for the worst football team, a crappy basketball team, and no swimming pool, so we had a crappy swimming team. I miss it dearly. I received the best education from that institution that I could ever ask to receive from any High School. To this day I marvel at how well they taught me.

I used to bash in faces on kids from "Skyline" High-School for fun. The school was just built and Skyline kids were the worst. They were elitist assholes and they made me hate elitist assholes. I helped toss several of them from the balcony of our auditorium on VERY fine day. I was a dub then, but somehow, it seemed the right thing to do. I hope they lived, but I don't care if they didn't.

"Cyprus" wasn't even on my map. Mom graduated from a local High School there, too. I forget which one, as this happened approximately two million years ago. My beloved dad went to South Cache High in Logan, Utah.

I loved Granger High, but I was a dub and didn't make the life-long friendships I should have made. My best friend of all-time was not a dub. He killed himself in 1981 while working on his Doctorate at the U of U. I've never recovered from that and I miss Steve Nelson dearly. He was the brother I never had. I almost converted him to dubism. I'm glad he finally backed out.

That's all I want to say about that.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 25 August 2002 2:42:12

• Farkel
    Farkel

Epilogue:

I graduated on June 2, 1966 from Granger High. It had snowed in the valley the day before, even though it was a warm June! I didn't bother to go to my graduation, but I did stop by later and pick up my diploma. I was pioneering and graduating didn't seem that important to me. My parents took me out for the Salt Lake City version of "Mexican Food" to celebrate. I didn't know at the time that real Mexican tacos didn't have ground beef in them.

I miss those days. Dubs were nicer then and we actually learned stuff in school.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 25 August 2002 2:45:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit