Salt Lake City check in

by tdogg 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• tdogg
    tdogg

Ahem...is this thing on...tap tap....anyone out there?

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hi, tdogg!

So you're from Salt Lake City. Are you an exMormon? I knew a Mormon missionary named, Janice Minster. She wouldn't give me her first name. I found out her first name accidentally.

Do you know her by any chance?

Edited by - sunshineToo on 16 July 2002 1:57:36

• Flip
    Flip

Ahem...is this thing on...tap tap....anyone out there?

Squelch...squeel...

"Guitar mike...?"

"Guitar mike...?"

"Some-times,

I feel

like a mo-ther-less child..."

Flip

PS apologies to Richie Havens

• rodnico
    rodnico

I pioneered in Ogden Utah, Logan Utah. Don't live there now, but we probably know the same people. I went to the Ogden North & Ogden spanish. Email me we can chat.

Nicole (formerly Nikki) Rodriquez

Edited by - rodnico on 16 July 2002 13:24:5

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Huh, Huh..she said, "Ogden". Huh Huh...
    It's so funny, b/c the joke in Clearfield Job Corps
    was that Ogden was where the white trash Mor(m)ons lived....

the dustrabbit

• Farkel
    Farkel

I was born in Ogden, Utah and raised in Salt Lake City. I have many, many relatives in the Logan area. My dad was born there and my ancestors settled in Providence (just South of Logan) in around 1850.

I graduated from Granger High School. That area is now called West Valley I hear, and is a pretty rough neighborhood these days. It was a nice area when I was growing up in the 1960's. My dub bride was from Kearns. My great-great grandparents are buried in Providence and Farmington.

I loved "Lagoon Day" in high school! Those huge tower rides in Lagoon were invented and manufactured by my favorite Uncle. I was there doing some work for my Uncle when they were installed a few years ago. I left Northern Utah in early 1967 and have no desire to ever live there again. Being a dub in Mormonland is a double whammy and it was tough growing up there under those circumstances.

I have a most excellent ex-dub friend who lives in Logan and who I see is posting here from time-to-time.

Small world, eh?

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 25 July 2002 0:4:15

• felix a
    felix a

The wife and I are currently living in the Layton area. I'm a relocatee and my is a returnee to this part of the world.

Farkel, I wonder if the friend you mention who is living up in Logan is the same person I tried to get a hold of to have coffee shortly after arriving to the Wasatch front. I believe he was a rathr intelligent gent and a former regular of H2O in it's glory days. If he is I would still love to get together one of these days, so please feel free o drop me a line and maybe one of these days we can get together.

Anyone else out in Happy Valley Land North or South can feel free to drop me aline.

Dave

Dustrabbit, having worked up in Ogden for about 11 months I can understand the momon white trash joke...

• rodnico
    rodnico

Ogden moron white trash...that is pretty funny. Growing up a witness in Utah is a cult within a cult within a cult. I graduated from Weber High School.

I wonder if I know your friend from Logan. Or if they don't know me they would know my psycho mother.

Nicole

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I wonder if I know your friend from Logan.

My friend came to Logan long after he had left the dubs and he desperately wants to relocate to a nicer place, even Siberia if that's the only other option!

Farkel

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Farkel: Lagoon -- Yeah, I remember that place. I don't know if they still let the kids do it, but back when I was in Clearfield Job Corps (CJCC), the head hanchos of CJCC would let some of the honor students work there (as volunteers) and as a way of saying thanks the Lagoon owners would have a free day for us Job Corps kids.

Nicole: Hah! Weber High School? You mean they weren't satisfied with having a Weber State University? But just think: And if you were like me, growing up as an ex-witness in Utah is a cult within a cult within a cult within a cult!

Felix A: Is Layton Hills mall still there?

To All Utahoos (current or former): What's your favorite place to go drinking in Utah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit