After the JW's???

by Luther 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I occasionally attend services at a local United Methodist Church, but I don't consider myself to be a member.

Many churches today are proponents of "Churchianity". I run like Forrest from Churchians.

Ray Franz in CofC quotes from a book by Daniel Taylor called "The Myth of Certainty". It applies to JW's totally, but to many other churches:

The primary goal of all institutions and subcultures is self-preservation. Preserving the faith is central to God's plan for human history; preserving particular religious institutions is not. Do not expect those who run the institutions to be sensitive to the difference. God needs no particular person, church, denomination, creed or organization to accomplish his purpose. He will make use of those, in all their diversity, who are ready to be used, but will leave to themselves those who labor for their own ends.
  • Carmel
    Carmel

After walking away from the JUU's and being DF'd in absentia, I became a searching wannabe! Never found anything within Xianiaty that satisfied either the intellectual or emotional parts of me. After nearly eighteen years as a self-proclaimed agnostic, I and my wife joined the Baha'i Faith and remain active members to this day.

carmel

• P
    P

I was raised a JW (my mom converted when I was 6) I made my decision to become an official JW at 18. I married a M.S. at 23 and thanks to him, he gave me the push I needed I left him and the Organization at 24.5...much to the astonishment of everyone.

I sometimes wonder...about spirtuality and such. But when I do, I remind myself of the Org..and how I couldn't think, speak or question. I enjoy my freedom now and probably would tell people I am an agnostic.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Left the Org. For aout a year or 2, I floated around, looking for truth. God saw fit to save me in July 1991.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Just a happy Beatle fan here.......La La how the life goes on......And If you want some fun.take Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da.........

• Sabine
    Sabine

God sacrificed his son, I sacrificed my daughter. I figure we are even!!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I believe in God, but have no need for organized religion in my life.

• animal
    animal

I ride my religion.... an 85 Harley... it demands little other than gas, never bad mouths me or my family, and gets quiet when I turn it off. If I ride "another" bike, it doesnt shun me or hate me, it just accepts me when I get back on it. If I ignore it for long, it reminds me by blowing the clutch or a tire.

Show me a religion, or group of people, that will do the same and I will join it. Otherwise I hate the JW org for what it has done to me and mine, and the followers that let it happen.

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit