After the JW's???

by Luther 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Luther
    Luther

I am an xjw and I have just discovered this interesting site. I am curious to know if anyone of you has left the JWs and joined anything else. Have any of you become Christians?

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

Yes to both questions

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

YUP ...

Me, too. I have been an ordained Minister in the Baptist Church for 24 years -- I started in Ministry just over 27 years ago ... about a year after I left

• SYN
    SYN

Yes, I've left, no, haven't joined up with anybody else, nor am I about to!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Yes, I've left, been out for 17 or so years. No, I'm not interested in joining any other group. The JW's were a perfect (although certainly EXTREME) example to me of the problems with organized religion.

• Satanus
    Satanus

After the bursting of my wt phantasy, i attended pentecostal type churches for about 2 yrs (never joined). Then the bible bubble was popped for me. Since then, i have been grappling w how to handle total freedom. I still read some spiritual, psychiatric, philosophical stuff.

SS

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I recommend you join the First Church of the Almighty MegaDude. I do demand a 15 percent tithe, but I promise I will never make you go door to door.

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

MegaDude, you're a trip.....Every good Texas preacher needs a female counter part. I can do the big hair and make-up and even cry on queue.....

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I have been out of the borg for ten years and started going to an assembly of god church. I love it. it is actually considered a non-denominational church. Every one there doesn't care how you dress. If you have piercings, tattoos and such. Pastor doesn't like to wear suits and ties so he just wears casual clothes. I started going there about a year ago. Every message is an uplifting message. No hell fire and damnation speaches. Its great.

• mr party
    mr party

i go to the unitarian uua church. if you can call it a church. gays and lesbians abound and a bit to political, but i found a 'niche' i tell em i'm a 'christian' uu and that makes for fun conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit