From Jehovah's Point of View

by Stealth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• raven101
    raven101

Not that I believe any of this stuff but for the sake of argument;

Yeah, imagine that he's really fast isn't he?

Unfortunately time is not the same for his creation (as he well knows because he set the time frame and the perspective for all), so while some of those born in the most unfortunate circumstances live what seems to be an eternity of agony (you know, for example the little boy who at 8 or so was found bound and twisted into a monstrous deformed position in his parents basement where he had been tortured to a horrific and unimaginable extent every breathing moment of his existence (( thats a loooooong f'ing 8 years I'll bet!)) ) that was but a moment for jehovah!

I'm sure glad he was spared the prolonged horror of it!

As for the boy, well I'm sure after going through all that he'll appreciate the 'new system' all the more!

And thats what it's all about after all, appreciation. Right?

Unless of course some other religion, or heaven forbid a worldly life should be his choice, then he's going to have to die in Armageddon huh?

"No!" I'll bet they (witnesses) argue, "surely after going through something like that he can't really be held that accountable for falling for this or that lifestyle or doctrine!"

Oh really?

Well if that holds true for him then surely it does for all, because we are all logical products of our environment.

Its all relative.

An extremely sensitive soul for example, may be just as injured from a callous or neglectful upbringing as a tougher child would be from more direct abuse.

With the possible exception of extremely 'evil' acts by humans we cannot logically be held accountable.

Only one ineperienced of pain and travail, one who could stand above and find justification in pain which is not his own, one who could not only do this, but be the very origin of that pain, could be held accountable.

Hmmm.... I wonder who that could be?

Raven101

• Preston
    Preston
    Then, for the next 1.9 days or so, God had some fun with the humans, sending things like the Black Death and Oprah to maim, kill, and slaughter millions.

Oprah? oh..... now I know why her weight fluctuates so much. Better introduce her to Fred Hall and You Know! Ha, Ha....I'm just toooooooooooo evil!

• crownboy
    crownboy

Stealth, great post. SYN excellent interpretation .

raven101, you took the words right out of my mouth. It's rather irrelevent if God views something as just a day to him or not, the beings who are really affected, us, don't have that luxury. It's kind of like Marie Antionette saying "Let them eat cake" to the French peasants who had no bread, God apparently is too self absorbed to realize how things are for us. Too bad the Witness doesn't realize that "a short time" for God could take another 1,000 years or so, we are in "the last days" not the last day (as someone pointed out, Jesus may still be getting over his hangover ).

Edited by - crownboy on 15 July 2002 18:29:31

Edited by - crownboy on 15 July 2002 18:30:4

• SYN
    SYN

Preston: You evil ApostoSmurf you!

• Narcissist
    Narcissist

i thought that the Society taught that a creative day was 7,000 years long, not a thousand as the witness said, then the Society changed a creative day to many thousands of years. that would stretch things out a little.

narci

• Satanus
    Satanus

What fraction of a second is one of our lifetimes to Jehovah? What about the lifetime of a bird, or bug? Jesus supposedly said that god watches every bird die. He supposedly doesn't resurrect any animals. Since our lives are shorter than some animal lives, why would our lives concern him? He wanted to wipe out the jews and start over w moses and his wife only. The way jehovah is portrayed, i would say he won't resurrect any, after armageddon. He'll just fill the earth w the survivors. Resurrecting millions of wicked would just mess up his plans again, like they were in eden. Much simpler for his purposes to leave the dead humans dead, along w the animals. Humans are 98% animal anyway.

SS

• teejay
    teejay

Suzy Saint,

Long time ago, I met a man... an orthodox Christian of some variety...

Simply put, his position was that those that god chooses to live/resurrect are blessed.

Those that god leaves in the grave have no legitimate gripe since, 1. they *did* live once before, thereby experiencing whatever joys said life offered them; and, 2. god is god and can do whatever he wants with his creation.

He stumped me. I hate it when people do that and I told him so.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Actually, we did tap the keg. We drink alot up here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit