From Jehovah's Point of View

by Stealth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

I received the following email from a dub today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Jehovah's Point of View

If a thousand years are in the eyes of Jehovah as one day, and we look at history from Jehovah's point of view, we should realize that Adam was created six days ago and Jehovah made immediate plans to restore what he had lost for his offspring.

39 hours and 45 minutes later He had to act to prevent the demons and Satan from ruining the earth with their violence and to give a clean start to a few righteous people.

10 hours later, the same day, a covenant with Abraham was in place to give a guarantee that Jehovah would provide a ransom and restore things to their rightful state.

The very next day, Israel left Egypt, the law covenant was put in place and the temple was built.

One day, 1 hour and 48 minutes later the ransom was paid and mankind saved.

2 hours and 5 minutes ago Jehovah placed his son on the throne in His kingdom to finalize the arrangements for the new system and within minutes it will all be over for those wanting to disrupt His purposes! As the saying goes: "All in a day's work."

And some still think Jehovah is slow respecting His promises!

DON'T GIVE UP...WE ARE SO CLOSE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using this same logic it can be said that "This Generation" can be around for another 80,000 years or so, give or take a couple of years. Yah just around the corner..... we are so close....from Jehovah's point of view.

-S

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Blimey. That sounds like an excellent script for the next series of - 24 -

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Stealth: Interesting email. I have seen things like it before. The JW who sent this to you is typically self-deluded. This sort of emotional appeal to literalize something that makes little sense in the first place is nothing but engagement in wishful thinking. And to for the person to presume Jehovah's point of view, is to essentially claim they have spoken with Jehovah and have his thinking on matters ... and to make such claims is to claim inspiration. This is a problem wiht many religious folks, not just JWs, but many Christians assume things about God which are not provable, and likely built on their own secret desires.

• Francois
    Francois

This is delusional thinking.

In the first and last place, the atonement doctrine is a fraud upon mankind and an insult to Diety. It presupposes an absence of unity in the nature of God - in that the Love and Mercy of God are incompatible with the Justice of God: essentially that God is incompatible with Himself; that there is a huge flaw in God's character. And this is simply not possible. Thus the atonement doctrine is as I have suggested - a fraud upon mankind and an insult to Diety.

And if the antonement doctrine is not true, then look at all the other assumptions about Diety and teachings of the churches that also must be untrue. And where does all this leave us and lead us?

You tell me. It's your turn.

Francois

Edited by - Francois on 15 July 2002 11:18:19

• SYN
    SYN

Hehehe. I'm going to have some fun with this!!!!

Six days ago, God created Eve, purportedly from Adam's rib, even though in nature everyone is a woman for the first few weeks of life, but that isn't a botheration to God, because God can do anything. Then, about 5 days ago, he flooded the entire world and killed all the dinosaurs, as well as preserving hundreds of billions of separate species of animals on one small boat manned by 8 people. The animals must have been docile, I guess.

Four days ago, he used his nostrils to clear the pathway for the entire nation of Isreal (many, many people), to walk across the Red Sea, then obviously he removed his nostrils and the Egyptians pegged in the sea. How the Isrealites all got across that muddy, sandy ocean in such a short period of time with those nostrils looming over them is a mystery, but one we are not really supposed to think about & stuff.

Between then and about 2 days ago, a succession of horny kings ruled the land of Isreal, some having somewhat capacious harems, a book was written by Solomon because he couldn't lay some chick when he had about 10,000 others to keep him happy, and of course, some prophetic types saw a bunch of flaming wheels in the sky. One wonders if the prophets knew about 'shrooms!

Right on spot 2 days ago, God sent his son down to Earth to die, because God is a God of love (oh, and he's a man of war too!) After getting his son nailed to a cross, he then proceeded to bring him back to life and float him up in a cloud. Why couldn't he just have floated him up in a cloud in the first place? Surely that would have been better for all parties concerned? But anyway, being God, one person had to die so many more could live.

Then, for the next 1.9 days or so, God had some fun with the humans, sending things like the Black Death and Oprah to maim, kill, and slaughter millions.

About 1 hour ago, God decided to pour the Holy Spirit through the earholes of one Charles Taze Russel, or Tazey as we call him in these parts. Tazey proceeded to try and sell Miracle Wheat through his new magazine, but when that failed dismally and people found that the Miracle Wheat was in fact rather Ordinary Wheat, they needed a different source of inspiration, so Russel began telling them that he was the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", and they listened, those faithful people!

Soon enough, Tazey had thousands following his teachings, but then he died. (Hehe, a Farkel reference! ) So to take his place was a very meak, kindly man called Rutherford, who soon transformed himself into a one-man rant machine the likes of which has not been seen since YouKnow created his user account at JWD. But anyway, this Rutherford guy went about proclaiming that aluminium was poison, God is in the Pleiades, and of course he held some Conventions which apparently fulfilled Biblical prophecies involving trumpets. Then he died.

About 15 minutes ago, the year called 1975 by those dumb, slow humans rolled around, and many of the followers of Rutherford sold their homes, gave up their insurance schemes, etc, etc, to spend more time in the "Ministry". What this resulted in for them is unknown, but we do know that the Society is a lot richer now thanks to their donations, although this may change in the next few minutes! Then, 14 minutes ago, they were told that they "were too zealous" and "misunderstood" the Society, which was strange, since the Society had clearly stated that the world was going to end in 1975. Oh, damn, but the cherubs laughed their asses off when the Governing Body pulled THAT stunt! And, believe it or not, most of them went along with it, too! That made one of the cherubs laugh so hard she fell off her little golden cherub chair and spilled Tequila all over an archangel, and a royal fistfight followed in Heaven. That was 1990, round about the same time the Gulf War started because some guy in the Middle East decided to stop selling boatloads of stinky black stuff to people on the other side of the planet.

So about 5 minutes ago, the Society did another doctrinal about-face ("Tacking"), and revised a very significant part of their doctrine, essentially saying that the end of the world was not going to come quite as soon as they had expected again. This time at least the Governing Body were smart enough to revise their end-of-the-world date before it actually happened, so they're learning, at least. People who didn't believe in the New Light of the Generation were promptly kicked out of the Society, losing their family and friends in the process over a bunch of things some guy in Brooklyn typed on a piece of paper. Those wacky human beings! Whatever will they think of next!

Of course, about half a second ago, a program called Panorama aired, and now all of the Witnesses, as they called themselves, were in an uproar about this perceived affront to their Society, and are deriding all the people on the show as Apostates (some even used the particularly colourful term "Hell-Spawn of Lucifer The Damned", but privately, to their golf clubs, after they missed a winning shot on the sixth hole), revilers, and Causers of Dissent, even though the people were obviously telling the Truth.

Damn, but those humans are WACKED OUT! They even punch holes in their bodies sometimes!

Edited to add: [SYN], of the Sarcastic Class!

Edited by - SYN on 15 July 2002 12:54:58

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Wow SYN - I like yours much better!

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm Pissed! I lost my wrist watch and can't do anything until I know what time it is!

Jehovah

• Mary
    Mary

Stealth;

Are you serious??!! A Witness actually sent you this crap trying to "prove" something? I figured it was a joke at first!!!

Well then, I guess I can look forward to my two-week holiday, which will pass in the twinkling of an eye!!!

• Stealth
    Stealth

Hello Marry,

This was a completly serious email to try and encourage me since this sister knows I have been inactive for some time. She is a sweet sister and her intentions were nothing but good.

As far as it being a joke.... well it was... and the punchline was......

DON'T GIVE UP...WE ARE SO CLOSE!

How can someone draw this conclusion from the rest of the email is beyond me. From Jehovah's viewpoint he might need a few more days (3,000 years) to get things organized in heaven getting ready for the kingdom. Hell Jesus probably is still celebrating his victory battle over satan (just 2 hours ago) and has not even been sworn in yet as king. Oh dear, So many things to do and so much time to do it!

-S

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Hell Jesus probably is still celebrating his victory battle over satan (just 2 hours ago)

HAHAHA! Yeah Jesus probably hasn't even tapped the keg yet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit