How do you distinguish Americans?

by paulmolark 38 Replies latest social humour

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    Boc I don't eat fast food either. I can be very loud at times though. One thing I do appreciate about Americans is that GENERALLY speaking we care about our teeth lol.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I watch a lot of the BBC programs on PBS and it really helps to have closed captioning on. I love some of the words like lift for elevator but don't dare tell a woman in the US that you would be happy to knock her up! Please, not all Americans eat McDonalds. We may smell like freedom but at least we don't smell like unwashed bodies and garlic.
  • Simon
    Simon

Everyone knows the Americans will be the loudest and fattest people with the biggest, most inefficient vehicle (and SUV). But we all pretend to love you anyways because, well, y'know - the guns :D

It's strange how people imagine they can sum up and entire nation of hundreds of millions of people based on a few stereotypes.

Thank god there are no caricatures of British people or Canadians otherwise I'd be forced to say "tally ho, now what's all this aboot, ehhhhhh? toodle pip, what what!"

• Simon
    Simon
    We may smell like freedom but at least we don't smell like unwashed bodies and garlic.

hey, stop having a go at the French!

It was the cheese eating surrender monkeys you meant, right?

Ok, which nationality is next on my list to insult? Yes - I watch a lot of TopGear and learnt all my diplomacy from there, he he he.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Are you guys ridiculing me????

There is California, Washington, Oregon, New York (city), South Florida, Austin then everything else is America. Well even some parts of cali are "Merika"

• barry
    barry
    I read in the newspaper that Australians are on average fatter than americans
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you distinguish Americans?

Ask Them Where Canada Is..

..................By England,Maybe Mexico..

.............................I DON`T KNOW..

.......Image result for Confused businessman

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Simon, Oui monsieur, but I do love Canada. One of the few times I enjoyed a convention was back in the 70's, we went to one in Ottawa. Of course I loved the sightseeing more than the sessions!
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

My family (whats left of it) has been in North America for the last 3 hundred years on both sides of the boarder. The English part of Canada is not much different from the US I have traveled very much in both.

It bugs the CRTC so bad that we don't for the most part like to watch all that Canadian Crap on TV. Now days most of the info and tv programs reach us if we want them to.

The Quebecois people up here though are just as delusional as witnesses on their place in North America in my humble opinion.

Go to Quebec and advertise English food in your restaurant. You will have to do it with French signs or be fined. LOL sounds like freedom. Go to Toronto or Winnipeg or Calgary or Vancouver you can advertise in the language of your choice. No body cares!

• kaik
    kaik

It is difficult not to generalize, but two things are spot on: morbid obesity in every age group, social class, race, and regional area; and fashion: sweatpants, flip/flops, tight clothing revealing every body fold, spandex, and ragged t-shirt. Obesity is increasing world-wide, but sometimes what I see on the streets all over USA I am not sure if that 550 pound ogre is he or she. It is generally worse in the Midwest and Deep South, but the difference is visible between Montreal and Toronto, versus suburbia of New Jersey or Long Island. Canadians are definitely more fit.

Years back I used to work in international corporation and we had middle aged female manager walked into the meeting with our European counterparts in spandex and some weird cheap blouse that you get during X-rays. The Europeans thought that she was a cleaning lady and told her to leave. It was extremely embarrassing. However, if anyone looks into older movies Americans used to be extremely classy, women were looking good, but this had changed around 1960 or so.

In next 50 years everyone in the world will be obese in sweatpants. I see it in Europe and USA, today Mexicans are more obese than Americans, and so does most of Middle East.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit