Anybody familiar with Tarot?

by raven101 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

PRE>i had a freind do my tarot reading last year she couldnt have been more wrong</PRE>

• raven101
    raven101

Personally I don't really feel its appropriate to ask specific questions about the future, one: I don't believe anything is set in stone . . two: people are almost without fail trying to gain a sort of control or upperhand with their line of questioning.

I think that's pretty futile, it's like trying to outsmart yourself.

When I used them for people what stood out to me were specific patterns of self-defeat, challenges which have been unmet and therefore become more and more powerful and prevalent.

Like letting a small rivulet become a river.

This applies, and can be made manifest, in all aspects of life . . . my goal was to help people see these patterns and how to over come them.

My main goal was to help people meet the commitment and responsibility they have to THEMSELVES. If they can do that, everything else falls into place.

I remember when it came to me during a reading that you CANNOT teach your children to properly value themselves BUT THROUGH EXAMPLE!

You cannot stay in a bad relationship, for your children and expect them to have a good one, you cannot do a job you despise in order for them to have more THINGS and expect them to follow their dreams.

You cannot fail to value and express your loves and talents, and ever expect them to fulfill their own, and live a full and true life.

These things became very apparent to me while doing tarot for strangers over the phone, I probably did well over a thousand readings.

Again, yes I think the cards can speak the truth . . . but that truth tho mysterious and beautiful is not exclusive to cards, or omens, or some all-powerful diety . . . that truth flows in and through everything.

We just need to pay more attention.

Raven101

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Well being the skeptical bastard that I am I went for a reading. I didn't offer any info until the end of the session (she was fishing for information by the way). She got a few things correct and even fewer wrong. She said I had started school in the the last three months but more to the end of three months (in fact I had started school exactly 3 months before hand). She said I had a girl within a years time (my daughter was in fact 11 months old at the time). She said I had two choices to make in the path of my career within the last 6 months time (I was in fact deciding whether to go to school for a career or accept a position as a developer for a game company).

She said I was having financial difficulties (this was not true at the time but it is now). She said I will probably have another child within two years (no way in hell this is happening, one is enough).

Despite me just listening and not offering any info she was about 80% correct. Not too shabby but I'm still a skeptical bastard.

raven101: I'm also a believer in circular time and infinite choice.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Had a reading done a few weeks ago. The lady who did the reading said I had a "dark aura". Well, that put a damper to my day. Cost me $25.00 to hear that?!!!

Viv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit