Anybody familiar with Tarot?

by raven101 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• raven101
    raven101

Once upon a time I thought it was quite demonic, I eventually ended up making a living at it for a time.

Jung did some research in the field.

Does anyone else have experience with the cards?

Raven101

• Moridin
    Moridin

I've got some experience. In fact in the last three months I've done about fifty readings. I use the Sacred Path Tarot and also the Aquarian Tarot.

• raven101
    raven101

Moridin,

Are those decks?

I'm not familiar with either, tho they sound neat.

I use Alestair Crowley (I keep all three magicians in the deck).

For reference . . . Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis and for IN DEPTH with reference to Qabalah and mytholgy as well as astrology The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang PHD

As I did it for a (sporadic) living for a while I did ALOT of readings.

You have been doing a considerable amount.

Very interesting isn't it? I just glance occasionally myself anymore, don't do it for a living anymore. In school, part time run of the mill work. You know.

Raven101

• Moridin
    Moridin

Did you do readings by using memorizing the meanings or by using intuition and clairvoyance? For me I threw away the instructions when I got them and went on pure intuition and clairvoyance. I haven't been wrong yet on a reading so I guess that's a good sign. The Sacred Path Tarot is fairly new. It's a form of Celtic Tarot.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I read tarot also, though I haven't practiced in awhile... I used to do readings for strangers, like 1 or 2 a month. It always worked; the difficult thing IMO is to read for myself.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have done quite a bit of Tarot readings over the past few years. I have found it to be very interesting. Right now I am using the Unicorn deck. It is a very pretty deck.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I have 4 different sets...although my favorite is the Motherpeace set. Those cards just speak to me. I have done several readings and find that they dont turn me wrong.

The others I have include: The generic Rider Waite set, Celtic, and the Tarot of the Witches

• Narcissist
    Narcissist

i was wondering if the cards can really tell you the future. if they do, who is behind it?

narci

• raven101
    raven101

Moridin, a little of all three. I knew a woman who had been reading since she was a child (her grandmother taught her), she told me she just shuffles the cards. She doesn't even look at them.

Interesting huh?

It has occured to me more than once that if ones eyes were open perhaps they could 'read' anything.

Narci, they certainly can, tho I I believe they reflect the most PROBABLE future, assuming no change (either through intent or circumstance) is made.

Why tho, would you assume 'someone' was 'behind' it?

What makes you think the universe works in any respect like you have been told it does?

What if the future was the past, what if all times exist simultaneously, what if history just endlessly repeats itself like a circle, what if, what if, what if.

Did you know one physics theory holds that everytime there is a choice, or more than one possibility regarding ANYTHING, that every event in fact does occur? Physicists who hold to this theory believe each possibility spins off into parallel reality.

Observation should tell you that time indeed is relative.

I try not to assume anything anymore, I'm pretty sure 'reality' is like nothing we have conceived of.

Raven101

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

i had a freind do my tarot reading last year she couldnt have been more wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit