Can music & pot = a spiritual experience?

by truman 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Dave, I'm with you and the others.......ain't nothin like a good toke! =;o)

Tink

• COMF
    COMF
    The reason some people have 'bad' lsd trips, is because it opens the door to their subconscious too quickly, and let out too much of their negativity/dark side, for them to deal with.

Very perceptive, SS. I've tried to explain this to people before, but it seems to be a "you had to be there" concept.

It would be fun to sit and discuss this subject with you in person. I find that trying to do so with a keyboard is tedious and frustrating. It's difficult to explain some of the concepts that need explaining, when everything must be set down in complete sentences and must not be sprinkled liberally with "you know, man" and "it's like, um... it's like..."

• Valis
    Valis

Hey COMF.... I have always found the use of certain chemicals to be acceptable, so maybe I can help without any "groovies" or "like wow man" statements. First off, drugs and control freaks don't go together and when they do it usually ends up badly. People who expect any drug to give them an extraneous "spiritual" experience are sadly mistaken, whereas those who know its all mental, (very much so in the case of LSD), give up the mental controls that dominate everyday thought processes.. Some of which you and SS have mentioned and other learned traits. The end result for the latter mentioned person is having a good time, and seeing things sometimes that your mind generates from more stimulation. Not believing those things is the key I think, but enjoying them for what they are...Kind of like ingesting an Awake, but I would never condone the use of bad drugs...*L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• COMF
    COMF
    those who know its all mental, (very much so in the case of LSD)

I had to constantly remind my friends of this. There's a tendency, when the hallucinating is in full force and the grass and trees are flowing off away downhill and the guy talking to you has turned into a devil and his skin is bubbling like lava and there are voices speaking in Swahili, or worse, in understandable English, to start thinking it's real. People freaking out, crying, wanting to go to the hospital, and I'd tell them, "Look, man. When you took the drug, you said you wanted to hallucinate. Well, this is it... this is hallucinating. The drug is doing it. It's all chemical stuff. It'll last about 10 hours, and then it'll go away. Now, you can spend the rest of your time down at the hospital, where they will give you some downers and call the cops and your parents, or you can spend it with us, listening to music and talking and laughing and having a good time. Are you sure you want to go to the hospital?"

Then I would put on something like "Green Eyed Lady" (the long version, with all the neat organ stuff and the echoes and all) or "Singing Winds, Crying Beasts" (Santana sound effects-laden track) or Mandrill's "Peace and Love Movement" (if you haven't heard this on a hallucinogenic, treat yourself at the very next opportunity)... and I would light a cigarette and dance it around the room in rhythm with the music and the sound effects, leaving a trail of tracers and causing many a formerly freaked-out buddy to exclaim afterward, "Whoa... wow, that was beautiful, man! Do it again!" at which point I'd encourage him to do it himself.

Yeah, those were some good times, man. I did carry it too far once or twice, though. Three hits of something, I don't remember... purple microdot, maybe?... and I got way beyond any possibility of snapping. I got us in some trouble. :-(

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I used to go through an eighth every couple of days. Now pot only makes me hungry and tired so I don't bother anymore. LSD did nothing for me and I gave it a couple of shots. All I did was stay up for hours talking allot. It did help with the Rave I was at as I danced for 4 hours straight with no stopping. Needless to say my legs were hurtin the next day. Mushrooms....oh sweet sweet mushrooms. Everytime I had taken mushrooms the experience was amazing and it is the only drug I'll recommend to anyone. My last experience was on Halloween back in like 1992. We took some mushrooms and watched these candles burn for about 6 hours. I could see these neon glowing words floating in the air everywhere. It was the Snuggles logo, you know that fabric softener with the little bear. So anyway, there's all these pink glowing neon snuggles words floating everywhere while my candle (the candles were a pile of wax skulls that slowly melted away in a green gooey wax).

This whole war on drugs in the U.S. is nothing more than a war to keep Government agencies stocked with cash flow. They love busting pot users and growers because they can for the most part function as regular people and have lots of stuff to sieze.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Hey, this combo along with some lsd gave us such albums as Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart's Club Band..........

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

to answer the question...ummm..yeah

but its got to be the right kind of music (and good bud as well)

I perfer to listen to deep forest, indian music..anything really tribal

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    People who expect any drug to give them an extraneous "spiritual" experience are sadly mistaken,

So is this statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit