A SISTER IS AFRAID SHE WILL GET MARKED

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yesterday, a friend told me that she has been secretly dating a non- witness. She plans on marrying him and will tell about her relationship only after she is married. She is worried that she will be marked. She is somewhat dysfuctional .She has some strong support with different friends in the congregation.She is a very nice person but is so worried that she will be viewed as a bad example. HOW SAD!!!!!!!!

• Bang
    Bang

What do you mean "marked"?

bang

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

tell her if they dont accept her for who she is and they probly wont then it would be best to leave the borg

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

If she's so worried about what people in the congregation think - why is she planning on marrying a "worldly" guy?

• Xena
    Xena

ROFL look around at the Kingdom Hall zenpunk....then ask why she is marrying a "worldly" guy

She will be viewed as weak no doubt. And not allowed to pioneer...well for a bit anyway...not sure how long that applies and it probably depends on if she can sucker her hubby into a study or not!

My uncle-in-law recently married a "worldly" woman and was told that he would NEVER be allowed priviledges in the cong....

• minimus
    minimus

She's worried because she does care about what people think, but she cares more about having sex again. 10 yrs. is a long time, so getting laid wins out.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I stand corrected Xena...I forgot she actually wanted a life!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

'Marking Disorderly Ones'

from the "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" book (1983/1989) pg152, 153

In his second letter to the Thessalonians, Paul expressed a warning concerning certain ones who walk disorderly and who, if accorded full acceptance as being of good standing in teh congregation, could be exerting an unhealthy influence upon others....

Occasionaly, in the congregation today, there may be those who, although not known to be guilty of practicing a grave sin for which they could be expelled, nevertheless continue to display flagrant disregard for theocratic order.

After giving repeated admonitions to such individuals and finding that they persist in dis-regarding well-established Bible principles, the elders may decide to speak to teh congregation and give appropriate admonitions concerning such disorderly conduct. Even though no name has been mentioned, individual members of the congregation would then be obliged to 'mark' a person, or persons, of that kind, just as Paul advised the brothers in Thessalonica....the loving concern and firm stand of faithful members of the congregation could indeed move him to shame and repentance. When it is clearly evident that the person has abandoned his disorderly course, it would no longer be necessary to treat him as a "marked" individual.

"Pay Attention To Yourselves and All the Flock"

Clarifications and Guidelines on Handling Certain
    Matters

If a dedicated, baptized Christian marries an unbeliever,
    this would result in disqualification from all special
    privileges for the time being. (1 Tim. 3:2, 4, 5, 12, 13;
    w82 3/15 p. 31)
    If the parent is an elder, a ministerial servant, or a pioneer
    and encourages, allows, or gives tacit approval to the
    marriage, this raises questions regarding his or her
    qualifications.

Edited by - dungbeetle on 13 July 2002 21:1:6

Edited by - dungbeetle on 13 July 2002 22:10:58

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I don't know about being "marked" for marring a "wroldly". The worst I would imagine that would happen (and this depends greatly on the congergation she belongs to) she would be counsled about it. Big deal. They have nothing in thier lititriture that says anyone who marries outside the faith will be shunned or treated differently. I know some who marry outside the faith and haven't been treated any different. I have (or I should say had) a girl friend who is looking specificlly for a hubby outside the faith. Her reason, she can't stand any of the bro's in the faith. LOL. She plans on taking her worldly hubby with her into the new system.

I did not use spell ck. so please excuse any screw-ups.

plum

• minimus
    minimus

OPINION: this body of elders may feel the need to show by example that since she is "disorderly"she needs to be marked so that no one else feels that they too can do it without some sort of sanctions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit