Thank you JWD, H20 and Witnesses Net!

by IslandWoman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Thank you Simon for this place.

It's a good place for good people and I learned that really 99.99% of all people are good. Just learning to accept others as they are and to unlearn the many prejudices that are so ingrained by religion, has been for me an education of greater worth than any university education!

Thank you Rick, you helped me to make a start in learning the great art of speaking out. In a way, you and H20 taught me it's OK to be angry and it's OK at times to just be a "bitch" because that's the only way sometimes to get a man's ear.

Thank you Witnet, you were the first place I visited on the net. Friend's and Robbie's debate was so good! Robbie, where are you?

See you at the march in September!

Thanks Simon.

IW

• ISP
    ISP

Hey were you on witnet?

So was I! What was your handle?

ISP

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

God speed, Island Woman. It was a pleasure to know you.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Ahem, aren't you forgetting someone here?

• ISP
    ISP

Hey where's 'Friend'!?

ISP

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

ISP,

I had just left the Witnesses and was Disassociated so still being a "good girl" I did not register at Witnet cause I was no longer a Witness. Seems real funny now, doesn't it.

I sure did enjoy the forum though. Do you know what happened to Robbie?

IW

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol @ Jesus Christ. God you can be jealous.

I don't remember Robbie, did he/she have a different name on Witnet?

• ISP
    ISP

I do recall 'Robbie'.......I don't know anymore about him.

There were some cool people on witnet. I was still a dub then but the cracks were showing!

ISP

• Farkel
    Farkel

IW,

: Thank you Rick, you helped me to make a start in learning the great art of speaking out.

Absolutely. As hard as I've been on Rick for some of his off-the-wall "logic," his board was, in my experience, legendary. The old days of H20 WERE the glory days when we had real debates, lots of dub participation and a bevy of posters who took the time and hard effort to produce essays and research that were masterpieces.

Such people and such efforts are lost to all the noise and mundane chatter in here and that's why many of them, including me are fading out of this picture.

Belated kudus to you, Rick, and thank you for making your old H20 forum possible!

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 13 July 2002 19:35:14

• ISP
    ISP

H2O was the place for anti-jw's to unite. I think in those days dubs thought there were arguments they could win.....but they weren't. I guess this place has been passed the 'mantle' now. Its not as good as H2O in some ways....but better in others. The moderation of H2O was hard to understand.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit