Sign of the Last Days THEN!

by JanH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Larsguy
    Larsguy
    Hey Larsguy.....I don't know lots of what you believe.....but 1992? What was so special about that date? Were you born then or something?

ISP

Hi ISP,

1992 is a date long focussed on as being significant by those who have applied the 1260, 1290 and 1335 days to events happening to the Jews. 1917 was the Balfour admendment or something which fulfilled the 1260 days, and 30 years later in 1947 the Partition Agreement to fulfill the 1290 days. That means 45 years later in 1992 they were expecting something else regarding the temple at Jerusalem to fulfill the 1335 days. But nothing publicly happened.

The 1335 days, though, was always originally considered a reference to the second coming date. In fact, 1874, the original date for the second coming was based upon the 1335 days, 1335 years from the event that the witnesses felt was significant for the apostasy in the Catholic Church or something.

In this context, 1992 is most critically significant because it implies that Jerusalem fell in 529BCE which is the dating for the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar found in the double-dating in both the VAT4956 and the SK400. If, in fact, the references in these texts are to the original chronology, then per the "7 times" prophecy, the Messiah should have arrived in 1992. It's just the updated date for the second coming which dismisses 1914 based upon the fall of Jerusalem in 607BCE or 1934 which bases the second coming upon the fall of Jerusalem in the secularly popular but now completely dismissible and challenged fall of Jerusalem in 587BCE.

L.G.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

LG:

You're kind of high on yourself.

• Eric
    Eric

Dan,

You say you would not be surprised if we lost one third of the world population over the next fifty years. Will you be similarly unsurprised when the next fifty years result in growth?

Eric

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I rate Bible "chronologists" right up there with numeralogists. If you work the numbers long enough you can eventually get them to agree with whatever you want. Of course as a Bible chronologist you're forced to work with the inconsistencies of the book itself so if you can make sense of an imperfect manmade piece of propoganda then more power to ya.

• one
    one

JH,

Re: Sign of the Last Days THEN!

I dont know, I dont see it.

I demand a chart/table for comparision, please present the difference in percentage and all...

WT style you know, sorof the kind of chart the cong. servant used to show every month

What do you think we are mathematicians or something?

Did you mention the chinese? Dont they say a pic worth a thounsand word?

KIS

one

dumbclass

Edited by - one on 13 July 2002 21:5:23

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Eric,

I'm only recently out of the Watchtower, so I guess a lot of the doom 'n gloom is still hanging around. Disease, overpopulation, economic issues, water shortages, poverty, terrorists, It all scares the shit out of me. I felt so immune to it all when I was in the WT. It was a false security, but it was security nonetheless! Sometimes it seems to me that humanity is on the verge of a complete chaotic breakdown. I'm a bit of a drama queen, you might say.

Larsguy, my comment towards you was uncalled for. I apologize.

• Mazza
    Mazza

::::::::::You ARE a gentleman and a scholar.

Cripes Jan, that's a first. A gentleman eh? Never mind. No-one's perfect. Anyway I wanted to add my praise to the list. I seldom down load anything from here but I did the one from the other day about the generation. It's a pet hate of my semi jw fathers - so I faxed all 6 pages to him. I'll give him a bell soon to see how he enjoyed it. I'm glad you heavy weights make the time to do this stuff for us lesser mortals.

Marilyn

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Hi GSX:

I rate Bible "chronologists" right up there with numeralogists. If you work the numbers long enough you can eventually get them to agree with whatever you want. Of course as a Bible chronologist you're forced to work with the inconsistencies of the book itself so if you can make sense of an imperfect manmade piece of propoganda then more power to ya.

This is the anti-chronologists ultimate cop-out, imaginaging that ANY POSSIBLE numbers can be worked out. Well, maybe that's almost true, I've seen some very involved chronological match-ups, but some things only give you a few options.

For instance, the prophecy of the "70 weeks" which must begin when the "word goes forth to rebuild Jerusalem". There are different versions of when this applies but ultimately it can't be linked up to just any year.

That's why there is such an important focus, though on astronomical texts. They give you just one date to deal with that is scienfically matched up and that's it. If you can't line your chronology up with that dating then you have to dismiss the record as a fraudulent. But if you can you get some credibility.

Thus the VAT4956 just by being a post-dated document is dismissible for 568BCE for year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar but not for the 511BCE dating in the text since it is the cyrptic double-dated year. If you presume this was the best way some astronomers found to retain a reference to the original chronology that was revised during the Seleucid Period then 511BCE usurps 568BCE as the most reliable secular dating for year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar. That's just academics. Thus, 511BCE would challenge the Biblical chronologies more than 568BCE ever could. That's why it's nice that 511BCE just so happens to agree with dating the 23rd year of Neb-2 in 525BCE which matches up with one of the Bible's chronologies for the year Jerusalem began to be rebuilt, the very first application, the 1st of Cyrus in 455BCE!

So it's a big ball of wax with lots of complications but every now and then when you get a good secular source in total agreement with the Bible then it works out great.

Another critical example is the absolute year the Jews officially come out of exile and regain control over their "promised land". That's an absolute date of 1947. You can play with it you can't do anything with it but note it. That's when they officially came out of exile, when they officially had a country again. But the Bible connects chronology to it for the second coming, namely 45 years after this event was when the Messiah was to appear. That is, in 1992. So it's interesting that this LOCKED-IN date that you can't change or manipulate just happens to agree with the fall of Jerusalem in 529BCE when you apply the 2520-year formula that the witnesses have misdated to 607BCE.

So you see, when you're playing the chronology game, there are other levels of confirmation, including how many cross-prophephesies you can match up to your favorite chronology.

Here's another one that is DIRECT and UNCHANGEABLE. The succession of 70 weeks. 70 weeks is 490 years and makes up 10 jubilees each. The 70th week is the week the Messiah arrives. There is no argment that the 70-weeks ending in 36CE began in 455BCE, there is just debate on what actually happened in 455BCE. But ther is no debate it ends in 36CE. But that FIXES the successive 70-weeks based upon 36CE. That is, there is no flexibility in counting up every 490 years to another 70th week from 36CE. It's very fundamental and basic.

So though we're not presuming to place a great deal of emphasis on what the 70th week might have fulfilled in later years, it's interesting to simply calculate and be aware of when the 70th week falls closest to our day. 4x490 is 1960 years, so the closest 70th week from 36CE ends in 1996!!!

Is that significant? It is now since by either coincidence or design the mid-week Passover just happens to occur the same year as the Messiah was to return which was 1992-1993 based upon either the fall of Jerusalem in 529BCE or the return of the Jews in 1947.

So what goes? You have a TRIPLE CROSS-REFERENCE fulfillment for the chronology of the second coming in 1992 that you can't misapply, since 36CE locks in the dating of thousands of years of successive 70-week periods!

So while looking at isolated chronologies might seem hopeless, once you start comparing and mixing and matching, soon you eliminate a lot of other missed chronologies and one or two stand the tests. Simply put as in this case, the 607BCE dating and the 587BCE dating if it were to match-up with the 70th week of 1989 to 1996 are mismatches. But the astro-text confirmed datin for 529BCE which dates the second coming in 1992 is a perfect match for the 70th week of 1989 to 1996 since 1992 is the midweek year.

So sorry, you can sit in a corner and close your eyes and put your hands over your ears if you want, but some of us advanced Biblical chronologists are having a field day!

L.G.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

So sorry, you can sit in a corner and close your eyes and put your hands over your ears if you want, but some of us advanced Biblical chronologists are having a field day!

I take my apology back. You are high on yourself!

• neyank
    neyank

So if the LAST DAYS happened then,

does that mean we are now living in the NEW SYSTEM ????

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit