• JanH
    JanH

Farkel,

Hey, wasn't that Cygnus' line?

- Jan

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Great information!

I like how you put the WTS teachings in the proper perspective.

You ARE a gentleman and a scholar.

Everything makes more sense when I can see the "Big Picture."

--Thanks,

YoursChelbie

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

So the lesson we can learn from this is that you can't believe every word written in the bible. Besides no one knows for sure if Jesus actually said those things or were added in after the fact.

Will

• r51785
    r51785

Barbara Tuchman's book "A Distant Mirror" had a huge influence on my leaving. I strongly recommend it to anyone who might think that the WT Society has "the truth."

• JT
    JT

I love this NET "THANG"

thanks JAN

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Another keeper, JanH.

When I became a Watchtowerist in 1993, I thought that surely the big A was going to happen within a few years.

Although I've left the borg, I still wonder about world conditions. Maybe we are on the brink of a massive population reduction such as what was seen in the 14th century. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the population of the world decreased by a third or more in the next 50 years.

• ISP
    ISP

JanH......thats proof if I ever didn't see it that we have been in the last days.....since the 14C.....What does that mean? It means we are definitely nearer the end....now. We are nearer now than we have never been.

Ever thought of starting a religion.....you look the part. That always helps. If you do...can I be at the top somewhere, where you don't do too much?

ISP

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Hi Jan,

Nice article but a bit of a "straw man" for we Biblicalists.

The reason why is because while wars, pestilence and earthquakes might be linked to many generations and circumstances, the CRITICAL ONE-TIME EVENT included in Matthew is totally ignored by you. That event is the "great tribulation" which is supposed to be over before the sign of the son of man appears.

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days..."

Remember, this is a ONE-TIME event.

Now, some say this was the horrible destruction of Jerusalem in 70CE. But Jerusalem was totally destroyed by the Babylonians centuries earlier. So how did that match an event that had never happened before and that would never happen again?

On the other hand, when you apply this to the HOLOCAUST, it rings true.

The other reason why INFORMED Biblicalists can't take your article seriously is because of CHRONOLOGY! The Chronology of the Bible, as I stated earlier, wouldn't date the second coming until some 2520 years after the fall of Jerusalem whether you date that event in 587BCE or some other time. So we would not have been looking for these signs in any other period than the 20th century in the first place. So the fact that others, ignoring the chronology and just looking at the signs got disappointed is their own fault.

Furthermore, you're interpreting what the "end" is talking about for the Jews as well. The "end" was the end of the Jewish exile, the end of the gentile times when the Jews would come out of exile. That was the end. So when that happened, when you saw the re-budding of the nation of Israel, then you'd know the Messiah was about to arrive.

Thus that's another SIGN you ignore that can only be dated to post 1947.

So your whole article is meanlingless in a critical sense and draws applause by...well...those who haven't bothered including the ENTIRE reference of signs associated with the second coming.

So for the record it would be good to include ALL the signs which would include, specifically a time when two-thirds of the Jews were to be exterminated (Zech. 13:8), and when the Jewish nation would be reestablished (Matt. 24:32). Thus when you include ALL the signs, including these two most pertinent ones, eevn if you didn't have the chronology, you would not have been able to focus on any other time than ours since the Jews did not begin to rebuild their state until after 1947, and I don't know of any time in history when 2/3rds of the Jewish population was exterminated other than during the Holocaust.

So Jan, your argument only works if you ignore chronology and for those who ignored it. They were disappointed. The rest of us who pay attention to Bible chronology wouldn't have expected the Messiah until 1914, 1934 or 1992 anyway, so you can't include us in your casual dismissal of just another group of people expecting the end to occur that never happens.

The "end" did occur though, Jan, in 1947, right on time! The "end of the system of things" of the gentile times, following on the heels of a "great tribulation" like none other, which was the Holocaust.

The wars, earthquakes and pestilences, which probably occur in every generation were just set decorations and general background to the more specific events that you ignored.

So Jan, my friend, you're going to have to do a little better.

The generation that sees the "end" must see the rebirth of the Jewish nation and must also see the extermination of 2/3rds of the Jewish population. That narrows it down considerably, I'm afraid. And that's STILL ignoring chronology which dates the second coming to 1992, 1934 or 1914, your choice, right?

L.G.

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Larsguy.....I don't know lots of what you believe.....but 1992? What was so special about that date? Were you born then or something?

ISP

• Farkel
    Farkel

Gary,

Yup. You're bored alright!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit